Thread: Scheduling a Live Meeting on Behalf of someone using Outlook Plugin

Scheduling a Live Meeting on Behalf of someone using Outlook Plugin

I am using the following setup in my organisation :-
    • OCS 2007 R2
    • OC R2 with the Jan 2010 update.
    • Live Meeting Client Jan 2010 update
    • Outlook OC plugin Jan 2010 update.
    • Outlook 2007

I have defined some employees as Delegates in my calendar. These employees can send mails on behalf of me from my mailbox but when they try to schedule a live meeting, the window appears and then disappears giving an error message saying "You do not have permissions to schedule meetings and conferences on behalf of the owner of this account. Please contact the owner of the acccount". Therefore I want to know the exact steps which will help them in Scheduling a Live Meeting on Behalf of someone using Outlook Plugin. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Scheduling a Live Meeting on Behalf of someone using Outlook Plugin

As the delegates are allowed to send mails from your mailbox but are not allowed to schedule the meeting on your behalf, I think there is something wrong with the Outlook plugin that is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing on the computer then the application will not work properly. Therefore you will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Remove the currently installed plugin from the computer and remove all the keys related to it. Reinstall the plugin and see if the same problem continues.

According to me the permissions given to the delegates are not properly defined and hence you are facing such problems. To edit the calendar in outlook plugin, special editor permissions must be given to the delegates otherwise the delegates can only make use of your mailbox and will not be allowed to edit the calendar. Therefore I will suggest that, check the permissions assigned to the delegates and see if they are assigned with the editorial permissions or not. If the editorial permissions are not assigned, then assign the editorial permissions and then save the settings. Check if the delegates are allowed to schedule meeting or not.

I was also facing similar problem with the Outlook plugin which was installed. The delegates which were defined were only allowed to use the mail box of the administrator of the account and were prohibited to edit the calendar. I tried searching for solution and finally found out that the feature of delegation is not available in 2007 R2 when it was released. The feature was added on later by releasing a CU2 update which needs to installed on the computer to get the delegate scheduling feature. Hence download the update and install it. See if the delegates are allowed to edit the calendar.

The feature which you want can be achieved by applying a CU update instead of CU2 update. To make it work using a CU update, you will have to get the back version of the delegation working. Once done, install latest available Outlook plugin and the Communicator client. After doing all these, the delegates will be able to schedule the live meeting.