Thread: How to configure FTP on Windows 7 with Filezilla?

How to configure FTP on Windows 7 with Filezilla?

Hello guys,
    I am trying desperately to set up an FTP server with filezilla server. I found lots of tutorial for this but then also they are not sufficient for me. So I thought to take some help from you scholars.!! Please explain me how to configure FTP on Windows 7 with Filezilla? Since I am not having much knowledge about the filezilla server, also explain me that in detail.

Re: How to configure FTP on Windows 7 with Filezilla?

When exchanging computer files, you can download (from a server to your computer) or upload (from your computer to a server) files. The FTP protocol to share files efficiently, unlike the "Windows shares, you can create accounts for external users with passwords or not, manage the speed at which users will download to you, manage access time, and, of course, using an exchange protocol optimized.

I would like to discuss about the Installing FileZilla. Create an FTP server, allowing us to share the files of our choices on Windows. For that you will have to install the FileZilla. Choose the options to install. The server is of course compulsory, and the administrative interface highly recommended because we will need to configure the FTP. Note that the FileZilla is free (open source), the source code is offered, but we will not need. For the server starts when Windows starts, select "Install as service, Started with Windows" in this screen. You also have the choice to launch the server manually for sharing files. The administration port "14147" default allow access to server administration.

I am providing an information about the User Administration of the Filezilla. The following things appear in the Window of it :
    1. Toolbar
    2. Window log ("log" in computer language): you will see all the people who are connected and all the exchanges were made between your server and client.
    3. Window of active connections, you'll see the connections that are underway, the directories where users roam, and the files are being downloaded.

It is possible to collect users into groups, giving them equal rights. We will create one, put a few friends. To create a group, go click on Edit> Groups.

A server is a secure FTP to transfer files from one PC to another, especially when it is not possible with the tool to share Windows folders. To transfer files you just have to open Internet Explorer and enter the ftp server address in the address bar. Then we can use drag and drop to transfer our files. An FTP server is also a practical way to exchange files with a Linux machine. Ftpfs If you have installed, you can even mount it in the directory tree for easy access to it. Then you can use the cp command to transfer files.

The following are the steps for configuring the FTP on Windows 7 with Filezilla :
    1. The first time you have to change the admin password to edit>> preferences Administrator>> administrator password.
    2. After that you already have an FTP server running on Windows 7.
    3. You could use a manual connection or filezilla FTP client. To proceed you need a newly created user in the different FTP server admin, for safety.
    4. The users simply Agregat icon you in this case the user is Opensys and the key is opensysblog, add a password and give permissions to a folder in the Shared Folders menu, look for it and give read / write permissions.
    5. Save the changes and we tested.
    6. Start>> Run>> cmd, type ftp localhost "or the ip of the machine".

JimmyKalor Guest

Hi, you could go for it via file menu and click on "site manager..." and just fill up the general form with host name, user ID & password. I hope this will help you.

All the best!