Thread: "Folder In Use" error on network shares in Windows 7

"Folder In Use" error on network shares in Windows 7

Hello, I am having Windows 7 installed on my computer. If I make use of the network share which are hosted by the Windows Home Server machine, my computer shows me the thumbs.db file for the directory which is having image or any kind of media file. If files are in the local server then there is not any kind of problem. But on a network share it gives problem and for solving that problem I need to make use of the renaming that folder. And it give me error message as a "Folder In Use". I am not able to understand the reason behind this, if you are having any solution on this then please provide that to me.

Re: "Folder In Use" error on network shares in Windows 7

Hello, I think your computer is having some or the other virus infection due to the shred files. As the virus is making use of that file for connecting your computer you must need to make use of the Antivirus application which will simply keep the track of the network traffic and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. It is needed to make use of the antivirus simply so that you will able to get solved this error message.

Hey, I think for getting the solution you must need to use the gpedit. If you simply make use of it, then you will able to get the solution for it. You need to enable the settings below and then you can simply need to restart the system. So, follow the steps below:
    • Go to the User Configuration.
    • Then use the Administrative Templates.
    • Here you need to open the Windows Components.
    • Then go to the Windows Explorer.
    • Here you need to Turn off the caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db files.
    • Done.

Hey, I am also getting the same problem and if I try to close that message my system simply crashes and then I must need to restart the system for getting the solution. If you are having any solution then I will be thankful to you. If you are also getting the same problem then please provide the details to me. I will not able to use the shared file due to this problem. So, if you provide me solution then I will able to get the solution.

Hello, follow the steps below:
    • First open the folder option and then check the box having name as “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”
    • Then disable the Thumbs.db.
    • Then simply delete all of the Thumbs.db.
    • Done