Thread: Not able to ping telnet from different client sever

Not able to ping telnet from different client sever

Hi friends,
    I have a computer which runs on Windows Xp operating system. I am using telnet server on my computer, but recently i am unable to telnet to the SMTP server port 25 from the same server. I can ping SMTP server from the main server. I can telnet and ping to the SMTP server from my laptop. But unable to telnet to the smtp server port 25 from my computer's network. Please help me to solve the problem.

Re: Not able to ping telnet from different client sever

I think you need to re-install the server on your computer to fix this problem. There might be a file or data that have been corrupted on your computer which is related to the server, this may be the problem. So to avoid this problem you need to do the best thing that just re-install the server on your computer and than try to telnet the server port 25 from your computer.

As i can say that first and the important thing is you need to make sure that your SMTP server is running healthy and it doesn't have any kind of problem with the server on your computer. Which is base on this premise, you need to check out your server which cannot use Telnet’s networking configuration, which includes firewall application, antivirus etc or other possible reason which can cause this kind of problem..

As you have stated that you can ping the server, but technically it is defined as the PING is totally different from TELNET. Ping sends IMCP package to the destination server, and the TELNET uses UDP datagram for the communication. So to solve this problem please following the steps:

1. You need to check out your network routing and then you can ensure there is no problem with your networking.

2. You need to logon your server and then check if there is any third party application which denied your 25 port.

3. You need to download the portmon.exe from the sysinternals website, and then use this tool which can help you to monitor the local ports.

I think you need to checkout the settings with the firawall and the system configuration with respect to the server. There are possible thing of firewall by which you can face problem with your server when you try to access. The firewall might be blocking your computer from accessing the server and if you want to get rid from this problem then you need to disable the active firewall on your computer.