Thread: No response to telnet on port 25

No response to telnet on port 25

There is a problem which has been occurred after i restored my exchange server from the backup. I try to send message about this problem, the message goes but the server they don't respond to SMTP for incoming messages. I tried to test the port with the telnet <Ip Address> 25, but there is no response. Please help me to restore my exchange server, and also you can help me out with some information that how can i get rid from this problem.

Re: No response to telnet on port 25

I think you need to re-install the exchange and also the SP2 which can help you to solve your problem. If you face this kind of problem then the best thing to do is to uninstall the current application and then after that re-install it back, it will help the computer figure out all the missing files which might have gone misplaced during the restore. So in order to have this problem solved then you need to reinstall it again on the same computer.

This problem can result a lot of things which you are trying to do with the telnet. If it is from the local computer then you can try to disable the windows Firewall, and also you need to check out the Antivirus which is configured well and it allows the traffic on port 25. This is because when the firewall is active on your computer then it can cause problem which you are facing. Also you need to switch on the echo in the command promt with the SET LOCAL_ECHO command.

I can say that the site information which you are trying to access is incorrectly defined to the network and also there might be some unregistered DLL files. Also you need to check out a problem where the Exchange server might not correctly resolved by the domain and the AD DNS information. I think that these are the cause by which you are facing this problem in connecting with the port 20.

Also you can check out to see that how the TCP port is actually configured under the Advanced dialog box of your "Default SMTP Virtual Server" properties. I think you need to check out the SMTP Default server that is it running. I have similar kind of problem which occurred on yesterday and trying to figure out the cause of the problem and the solution for the same.

I think it might be the main problem with the firewall which i guess it is blocking the port 25 where the telnet service works. There is a simple solution for your problem is that you need to disable the firewall which is active on your computer and also see that is there any other security tool which can also be the reason for blocking the server. So disable all the security tools and after that check it out.