Thread: Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface

Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface

Hello friends,

Till yesterday my system was working fine, but today when i came at my desk and turn on my system i got a pop up message which says that my system is infected with Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface and it doesn't allow me to do anything on my desktop, i had never heard about it, can anyone provide me some information about Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface and how to remove it from my system, for more information i am using Windows XP as my operating system.

If you really want to remove Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface from your system then i would suggest you to start your system in safe mode, then click on start go to run option and type regedit and hit enter, then registry window would get open browse to following key and delete it HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\"systray" = "c:\windows\mstre6.exe". After that close your registry Window and reboot your system, now i am sure you will not get any message which states that your system is being infected with Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface and your system is free from Net-Worm

My system was also got infected with Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface and there is no need to worry about it, in that case update your anti virus and at the same time also use system restore point, once you are done with that have a full virus scan for your system and it will remove Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface from your system.

Re: Remove Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface

Thank you for your quick respond my friend, i had try to delete the registry which didn't helped me a lot and i had not created any system restore point, but when i try to update my anti virus i was not able to do it. Can anyone tell me what should i do in that case.

Win32.Koobface is a worm which infects your system and makes your system to zombie so that the hackers can hack your system at anytime, at the same time this process also allows you to upload other malicious modules onto the infected computer which may perform other malicious activities over the internet. In such kind of case don't use any social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook.

My friend if your system is being infected with Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface then don't do any online transactions or use internet banking because you never know your data is being taken by hackers and they will be using your information for online shopping etc, i would highly recommend you totally format all your drive and install a fresh copy of operating system and install Symantec as your anti virus software.