Thread: Unable to remove Backdoor.VB.gc

Unable to remove Backdoor.VB.gc

Recently i have found that there is a virus on the computer which has Windows XP and AVG antivirus. One day when i scanned my computer to find some virus threats to remove them, i found this "Backdoor.VB.gc" virus and then i delete it with the help of antivirus. But when i restarted my computer and once again i scanned my computer, it found out the same virus again. Please help me to remove this virus from the computer as it again and again comes back in the computer.

Re: Unable to remove Backdoor.VB.gc

This virus allows to gain all the information by the remote access from the affected computer. This virus does not spread automatically by using its own means. It is a backdoor virus which allows the hackers to have remote access to the affected computer in order to take all the data. It uses the means of transmission used which includes, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, email messages with attached files, Internet downloads, FTP, IRC channels, peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing networks, etc.

You need to remove this virus VB.GC that has affected your computer. You need to carry out a full scan of your computer with the help of your antivirus or you can use Panda Antivirus. If the antivirus requires update then you need to update it. If the panda antivirus is not able to detect it then you need to check your computer with the hep of Panda ActiveScan, it is an online scanner that will quickly detect and remove the possible virus.

As you have stated that you use AVG antivirus on your computer and it is not able to detect the virus which you have on your computer then you need to update the antivirus and after that try to scan your computer to remove the virus completely. If it doesn't detect then you need to use some other antivirus which can help you to remove it completely. I can suggest you Avast antivirus which is a great and useful antivirus.

I think whenever your computer is infected by the virus then it is recommended that you need to have updated antivirus on your computer.
    1. You can also protect your computer by the following methods:
    2. You need to install a good antivirus on your computer.
    3. Also you need to keep your antivirus updated.
    4. You need to keep your antivirus protection permanantly enabled for all times.

As i have noticed that today the new virus hit our computer and our antivirus are unable to remove them, so to avoid these virus infections we should always update our antivirus.

You can also remove this virus by going online sacnning for the virus as they have the latest updates for the virus definitions. Aslo you can search this virus on your computer with the help of windows search oprion and then if it find this virus files then you can remove it. And if it doesn't allow you to find than you can go to the safe mode and from there you can remove it with the help of search option.