Thread: invisible files inside shared folders

invisible files inside shared folders

I shared my folders on my computer (full permission, i.e. guests have access right to read, to write and to delete files). But some files inside the shared folders are invisible on other computers on the same network. On the other side, some files inside the shared folders of other computers are invisible in my computer. My computer is Window 7, other computers on the network are either Vista or Window 7. I logon as Administrator to my computer.
    Can anyone help me.
    Thanks

Invisible files inside shared folders

It seems that there is some issue with your permission because of which you are not able to view some of the files try to check it on another system, if you are facing same issue then it might happen that your system might be infected with virus because of which you are not able to view files under your shared folders.

Re: invisible files inside shared folders

Thank you for your reply.

I have set the permission to allow read, write and even remove. All files are permitted to read, the problem is that they cannot be seen on other computers.

My computer is brand new, not yet connected to internet. All shared folders contain my personal photos and documents. All computers have been scanned virus-free.The issue rules out the possibility of virus infection.

Hello,
    You have invisible file inside you shared folder because your computer is set not to show the invisible files. Also, if the files are shared then those can be shared by the folder which is used by the other user on the different computer. If you need to see the hidden folder then you can do this
    Code:
    Open the window -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View (tab)
    Hope this will help you.

thanks for your reply.

All files inside the shared folders are not hidden. All files can be seen on my computer even though the folder option is set not to show hidden files.

In addition, if I move these invisible (not hidden) files to another shared folder, then all these files can be seen on other computer on the same network. Why?

Hello,
    First think, the setting are different for every individual computer even if they are in the network. If in the shared folder you see the hidden files, then you option of hidden files in the folder option is enabled. The shared folder on which you view the files, is on which computer, that is what is the location of the shared folder (canonical path will be preferred).