Thread: Unable to remove booter.exe virus

Unable to remove booter.exe virus

I am having personal computer which runs on Windows XP and it has AVG antivirus in it. A virus has been infecting my system, as it has blocked the safe mode, it has also blocked all my .exe file which were stored on my computer. The antivirus which i have is not able to find the virus. Please help me to remove this virus as i am losing all my exe files which are stored on my computer.

Re: Unable to remove booter.exe virus

The virus file which is called Booter.exe is associated with the Trojan family and it is a trojan virus file. It is really dangerous for the computer. To remove this virus file you need to follow all method which is mentioned below. Make sure that you are able to view all the hidden files and folders and also the operating system files. You need to open the task manager by pressing ctrl-alt-del buttons. After that you need to kill the task manager precess. You will find that there are two two task manafer file from that one is fake. YOu need to kill the real one, the task manager will close after that re-open and kill the other one. The fake file is called 'taskmgr.exe'. After that search for the file and delete it.

I think you need to update the antivirus of your computer and then you can try to scan your full system to find the virus and then delete it. It is important that you should update your antivirus in every regular interval of time. This can help you to protect your computer from the infection of virus and malware. And also you can go to the official site of your antivirus and there you can check out the update for your current one.

You can do the followint method which i have done to remove this virus file from the computer. You need to kill the related process in the task manager. Delete taskmgr in documents&settings\(user name), after that delete and kill "brontok.exe" from %temp% folder. Then you need to remove all the registry keys related to the "taskmgr.exe" file. If you find that they are not stored in the system 32 folder. then you need to delete boot.exe and autorun.inf in the root of every drive of your computer.

I think you need to remove any of the program files from the computer which are related to this file. To do this you need to go to the "Start," and then to the "Control Panel," after that in "Add/Remove Programs." There you need to remove any of the programs related to the "boot.exe". This will help you to remove all the related files and after that you can scan your computer to remove it completely.

You can also do these methods to remove it completely from the computer. To do this you need to go to the Windows Search and find the "boot.exe" file if exists on the hard drive. Go to "Start," and then to the "Search," after that check on "All Files and Folders." and Type "boot.exe" in search box in "All or Part of the File Name" section, click on "Search." button. If you find it delete it. You also need to end any of the boot.exe processes that are running using Windows Task Manager.