Thread: How to get rid of VBS.Scrapworm virus?

How to get rid of VBS.Scrapworm virus?

Antivirus software on my computer system is giving me an alert message that VBS.Scrapworm is detected on my computer system. I have tried to delete this virus from my computer system buy I am unable to do so. I do not have any idea what is the problem buy I need to know the solution for this VBS.Scrapworm problem. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Re: How to get rid of VBS.Scrapworm virus?

VBS.Scrapworm is a worm, normally this worm spreads through the infected email. Normally this worm scans all the email address present in the Microsoft outlook address book and then sends infected email to all the address present in the address book. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this VBS.Scrapworm from your computer system then you must change your antivirus software.

Update your antivirus software

Before changing your antivirus software I will suggest you to update your antivirus software. Since your antivirus software is able detect this VBS.Scrapworm on your computer system and it must be able to delete this worm from your computer system. I will suggest you to remove the worm in safe mode. For going in safe mode you have to press F8 at the time of restart.

For removing this VBS.Scrapworm from your computer system try to restore. System restore is not a perfect solution but can be used to neutralize the damage done by VBS.Scrapworm on your computer system. For restoring your computer system you have to follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

You are not able to delete this worm from your computer system because of the simple reason that this worm alters the windows system key so that it can launch againg at the time of reboot.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices\ScanReg = "WSCRIPT.EXE SCANREG.VBS"
    If you have the knowledge of registry key then you can remove this worm manually

For removing this VBS.Scrapworm from your computer system I will suggest you to use kasperky antivirus software. I am suggesting you to use this antivirus software because I was also suffering with the same problem of worm and now my computer system is free from any kind of virus or worm. This antivirus software will not only remove this worm but will also remove other malicious codes which can harm your computer system.