Thread: Infected by Win32/Kibik.A

Infected by Win32/Kibik.A

I have bought a laptop recently which has a windows 7 installed on it. As i do not have any anti virus software, I keep on online scan of my computer as i think that inline scanning is the best way to catch up any kind of viruses on your system and by doing this you do not even have to install any software as well. But this time online scan have detected Win32/Kibik.A on my computer so here i realized the need for a software which can remove Win32/Kibik.A from my computer. Can you provide me a nice software which can run on my windows 7 OS?
    Last edited by Appaji; 23-03-2010 at 03:52 AM.

Re: Infected by Win32/Kibik.A

The W32/Kibik.a detection covers rogue copies of explorer.exe that are patched by W32/Kibik.dr. This virus was most recently caught spreading in the wild through a malicious website hosting Exploit-XMLCoreSrvcs. I suggest you to remove this virus from your computer as soon as possible as it can harm the browser on your computer and your whole system as well.

Once explorer.exe is restarted or the system is rebooted, the rogue explorer.exe (W32/Kibik.a) is loaded into memory. When run, W32/Kibik.a loads and injects a thread from W32/Kibik.dll into the running processes such as explorer.exe, iexplorer.exe, firefox.exe, opera.exe, avp.exe. These processes typically have permissions to access the Internet, in an attempt to bypass desktop firewall policies.

W32/Kibik.dll performs a search on Google Blog Search using a hardcoded unique string. Currently, this search request does not yield any results on Google, but can possibly be used at a later time to download additional instructions or malware. Unlike Google Search, Google Blog Search may more specifically link to blog sites via RSS or Atom feeds.

Here is the LINK to download the Norton Anti Virus which is just amazing at dealing with the viruses for windows systems. It can not only detect the viruses but also can remove them successfully. Once you complete with downloading this software then i suggest you to immediately run full scan of your computer as Win32/Kibik.A would have spreaded in many areas up till now.

You must always keep the firewall enabled on your windows system as it is the only security system which keeps your windows system secure from the each and every bit of infected files. You just have to keep on updating the copy of your genuine windows operating system so that the firewall of the same also gets updated by which it would be having all the informations about the latest threats that can harm your computer.