Thread: How to find the cause behind the network congestion

How to find the cause behind the network congestion

Hi all,

I setup a newly purchased system, but access to the LAN workstations are in very troublesome but surfing the web using the new workstation. I encountered a very strange phenomenon, training centers are came from a people who surf the Internet all the workstations work were all normal; local area network at the same time if there are more than six people to share Internet access, then the newly added automatically to all workstations dropped, It can not access the web page, but can not be included in net play online games. Please suggest

In order to test whether the mere presence of a network failure switch is located in the new sub-network, or simply switch is located in the old sub-network, or in the LAN, the author decided to adopt a separate law for each sub-network of shared Internet access to conduct individual test. I will separate the new from the LAN switch off the main switch, so to buy a new workstation with isolated units off from the LAN; later, while the old switches are connected to all workstations all connected to the power. Check and reply.

Sometime network failure caused by a virus or Trojan possibility is not large, after all, the network administrator can not access the network in the event of the failure phenomenon, re-plug a switch in the network connection cables, all of the new stations can continue to function normally for some time, if the new subnet in the work of the existence of viruses or Trojan horses, then a network failure can not be as easily plug a network cable on the automatically disappear. Check and reply.

I first checked the new sub-network cables for all network connections and found that all network cables are in a smooth state, which precludes the damaged caused due to network within the cable network broadcast storms possible; after I worried that the new workstation to buy There may be some hacker programs, these programs probably will attack the internal subnet, so I also found a special Hacking software, and bought all new workstations carried out a thorough scan, but the results of the scan told the author that a new job sub-networks within the network of malicious attacks is not found alone in possession of a large number of bandwidth resources, hacker program; in order to prevent a new card to buy a workstation equipment damage exists in the phenomenon.

The new switching equipment to buy should not have broadcast storm phenomenon, after all, common switches are point to point the way forward through the data, however, that is a new switching equipment purchased in one of the clues I could see. Many are not familiar with Networking Users, often yield to the temptation eyes cheap, over-the pursuit of low prices of products, so unscrupulous businessmen often sufficient to seize this weakness of human nature, some of the so-called smart switch or hub recommend to consumers, in fact, these low-cost switch or hub is not a real switch or hub. Suspect that this point, the author immediately with another one to replace an old switch that sets a new switch, and found eight new workstations, but also to normal after the Internet to access the network, and it did not appear long after the failure of the network channel congestion phenomena, bringing the author finds that This sets the quality of newly purchased switch failed, which is leading to a new job subnet behind the case of network congestion. All the best.

Intelligent switches itself poorly designed, its poor quality, when compared at the same time the Internet came from a number of workstations, switches, wrong signal produced by the device usually less network bandwidth will not significantly affect the ; if the larger number of network connections, then the number of Internet users may also compete for a communication channel, so it is easy to produce the phenomenon of the network channel congestion. Check and reply.