Thread: Cannot delete Generic14.AHQX

Cannot delete Generic14.AHQX

The AVG antivirus that I am using in my system has detected the infection called Generic14.AHQX in my system. The problem is that the antivirus cannot delete Generic14.AHQX. I cannot understand why it cannot remove the infection even if it has detected this threat by itself. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. Please help me with suitable solutions.

Re: Cannot delete Generic14.AHQX

Hello there, if you cannot delete Generic14.AHQX with the help of the AVG antivirus, then this is a very dangerous infection because this antivirus is recommended by many of the experts for the removal of trojans, worms and virus too. So, I guess that you must format the system and install a new copy of the operating system that you are using to get rid of this situation.

From the situation that you cannot delete Generic14.AHQX, it seems that the AVG antivirus is not up-to-date. This is why you are not able to delete this infection. It is also possible that the infection must have taken over the antivirus. So, it is suggested that you uninstall the antivirus software and then, reinstall it. After that, update the database of the antivirus and then, try deleting the infection.

Generic14.AHQX is not a normal infection. It is actually a trojan horse that seems to be a genuine file of the system from outside. I suppose that the antivirus cannot delete Generic14.AHQX because of this reason. In such situations, the anti-spywares are the perfect solution because they can stay in the background of the system and check for all the applications that are causing malicious activities in the system.

I have faced a similar situation of cannot delete Generic14.AHQX, but it was some other infection. At that time, I used the system restore method. You will have to start the system in the safe mode first and then, do the system to the factory settings, so that no data is backed up. If the other option in the system restore is used, then the infections are also backed up and there will be no use of the restore.

If you cannot delete Generic14.AHQX, then I advice you to use the boot scan method that is available with the Quick Heal antivirus. So, to use this method, you will have to remove any other antivirus that you are using because 2 antivirus can cause conflicts in the system. The boot scan is assured to get rid of the infections because it takes place before the startup of Windows.