Thread: How to check LAN printing

How to check LAN printing

Hi all,

Recently, one of my friend find a tip, said that his network printer connected to the LAN installed in a Windows 2003 server, while another one from the LAN with Windows xp client machine. Ping-pass Windows 2003 servers can be, but they do not have access to one of the shared printer. Please suggest how to check LAN printing. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to check LAN printing

You must click on Start, Windows 2003 Server in the "Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management", and then open the window, and then gradually open the "System Tools > Local Users and Groups" folder will be a folder below the "User" item is selected, open the user account list window. Check and reply.

I have the same issue, I first checked the network connection, since the client can Ping-pass Windows 2003 servers, note that there are no network connectivity problems; but do not have access to a shared printer, I suspect that is likely that the client does not have access permission to the server, because In the default condition, Windows 2003 server Guest account is banned, the LAN client to the server in order to access the printer must be obtained before they can access. Check that and reply.

You need to double-click the account window in the "Guest" option, pop-up account settings interface, as shown in the default state, the "account has been disabled" option is automatically selected, the user option "Cancel "to enable the Guest account; later want to access through the Windows xp clients to a shared printer, you have to be the first to use" Guest "login name into the Windows network, it can be used to connect the Windows 2003 server shared printer. All the best.

Once you've enabled the Guest account in the server, local area network of any of the workstations, have the right to access to shared printers, and so on Windows 2003 servers, is clearly unsafe, To this end, I will be "Guest" account remains disabled, then in the Figure window, create an account, and set up its access to passwords; since only the user knows the password can be any one of the LAN workstation , the access to shared printers, they can not use a shared printer, this way we can ensure that the shared. Check and reply.