Thread: How to remove Trojan.win.agent.dcc

How to remove Trojan.win.agent.dcc

I have a problem with my computer which runs on windows xp. Last night when i was using my computer, my antivirus notified me about this "Trojan.win.agent.dcc" virus. This virus started affecting my computer's speed and also it was allowing a lot of popups on my desktop. This virus always opens a lot of unnecessary processes in the task manager. Please suggest me any good antivirus and also provide me the manual way of removing it. thanks in advance.

Re: How to remove Trojan.win.agent.dcc

As far as i know about this virus is that this Trojan horse virus is designed to allow hackers to have remote access on a target computer system. Once you have installed a Trojan horse on your computer system then it is possible for a hacker to access the infected computer remotely and can perform operations. The operations which a hacker can perform are limited to the user computer. It can use the infected machine as part of a Botnet, it can also hlep in performing data theft and also it can do the installation of software.

I can suggest you some of the useful antivirus which can help you to remove this trojan virus. These are Avira, Avast, AVG which can be easily found on the internet. You can get all the information by going on their websites and also if you want then you can download its trial version form the internet and see if thry are capable of removing this virus. In order to remove any virus which is not detectable by the current antivirus then you it is mendatory to update them.

If you don't have an updated antivirus in your computer then you need to follow all the instructions which are mentioned below to delete this malicious program from your computer:

1. To remove it you need to use Task Manager in order to terminate the malicious program’s process.
    2. Then delete the following systems registrykey by going in the registry:
    [HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\runtime]

3. Also you need to delete the following file:
    %System%\drivers\runtime.sys

4. After that delete the contents of %Temp% from your computer.
    5. Finally update your antivirus databases and then perform a full scan of your system.

You can also remove this virus with the use of reigstry editor, but before performing this task make sure that you do a backup of your registry before editing it.

Follow all the steps:

1. Go to the “Start” in the windows menu and click on “Run”, in it type “regedit” and then click “OK” to open up the Registry Editor.
    2. The registry editor will open in the window form with left and right two panes.
    3. In order to find the registry key, like Trojan.Win32.Agent.dcc registry keys, then you need to select “Edit,” and then select "Find". Then in the search bar you need to type any of Trojan.Win32.Agent.dcc’s registry keys.
    4. When the Trojan.Win32.Agent.dcc registry key appears, then you can delete the Trojan.Win32.Agent.dcc registry key by right- clicking and then selecting “Modify,” and then click on “Delete.”

If you search out on the internet for the removal instruction and other methods then you can find them all. And also if you want then you can go on a particular website which provides an online scan which can help you out, but it is important that if you are going for the online scan then first you need to check that the site is trusted and sutable for scanning. Also you can download any antivirus which can remove trojan infection from your computer.