Thread: Want to delete Win32.Worm.Cycle.A

Want to delete Win32.Worm.Cycle.A

I am using a dell desktop installed with the windows 7 operating system my system has started throwing popup message about a virus infection so i scanned my system with the antivirus which i am using and it detected Win32.Worm.Cycle.A virus so i want to delete Win32.Worm.Cycle.A since it has degraded my systems performance. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Want to delete Win32.Worm.Cycle.A

As far as i know Either you are using a trial version of an antivirus program or you are using a antivirus which is not updated so i would recommend you to download virus definitions on your system so that the antivirus will become effective in deleting these viruses. Hopefully this will solve your issue.

I think that you can eliminate this virus by deleting the registry file which i have mentioned below from your system and then restart your system and then again scan the system the virus will be eliminated. HKLM/HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Generic Host Service.

Thanks for the suggestion i deleted the registry key HKLM/HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Generic Host Service. from the registry editor and after rebooting the system when i surprised to see that the antivirus detected it once again. Any other suggestion help me please.

Sorry i forget to mention that deleting the registry key only will not do the trick and you will have to delete the following

* Check whether the registry key appears again if yes then delete it once again.
    * cyclone.txt in the Windows folder.
    * File svchost.exe in the "system" subfolder of the Windows folder

The RegCure Registry Cleaner is a wonderful application used in such cases you can install this for deleting the virus. Also as the name suggests it will also take a very good care of your registry files and all. If you want you can download the RegCure Registry Cleaner from the link hope this works.