Thread: Help to delete Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen

Help to delete Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen

My system has been infected by Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen and the Avira antivirus that i have installed in my system alerted me about the same. Since, the antivirus has failed to get rid of the infection, I need someone to provide some help to delete Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen. I am using Windows XP Service pack 3 and my browser is IE 8. Please help me as soon as possible and I trust the answers of the people at this forum, since they have helped me a lot.

Re: Help to delete Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen

To delete Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen, you will have to find the following files manually and delete the same from the system permanently:
    • c:\autorun.inf
    • %Temp%\tmp3.tmp
    • %Temp%\tmp4.tmp
    • %Temp%\WER5184.dir00\appcompat.txt
    • %Temp%\WER5184.dir00\manifest.txt
    • %Temp%\WER5184.dir00\spoolsv.exe.hdmp
    • %Temp%\WER5184.dir00\spoolsv.exe.mdmp
    • %Programs%\extravideo\Uninstall.lnk
    • %ProgramFiles%\extravideo\Uninstall.exe
    • c:\resycled\boot.com
    • %Windir%\Temp\tmp5.tmp

This will help you to get rid of the problem from the system.

The method that I suggest you to delete Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen is the installation of an anti-spyware, that have the ability to stay in the background of the system. They are the best help, since they can check for the malicious activities that are going on within the computer. When the applications and programs are found that are causing such problems, they will be deleted from the system.

Even after you delete Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen from the system, I suggest you to use a precaution that will avoid the infections from entering into the computer. For this, install a firewall in the system. This will help to check for all the data that will be entering the system. If any malicious content tries to enter into the system, they will be simply rejected and will not be allowed to enter the system. Thus, firewalls act as entry-points on the network.

I think that it is not possible to delete Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.gen with the help of the Avira antivirus that you are using in your system because it is not up-to-date. There is no use even if you use the best antivirus in the world and you do not update the same. After updating the database of the antivirus, then new infections will be added to the antivirus because of which it will be able to detect and delete the infections that get into the system.

The Quick Heal antivirus has the feature of boot scan and it also has a firewall built-in. So, if you install this antivirus, you will have multiple advantages. The boot scan takes place before the operating system loads and hence, the infections will be removed with its help, since they will be inactive at this time. The firewall will also prevent the infections from entering from the web.