Thread: Help to eradicate Backdoor.Inject.abg

Help to eradicate Backdoor.Inject.abg

The Escan antivirus that I have installed in my system has detected the infection called Backdoor.Inject.abg in my computer. So, I want some methods that will help to eradicate Backdoor.Inject.abg. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Internet explorer 8. Please help me with all possible techniques that can be used to get rid of this problem.

Re: Help to eradicate Backdoor.Inject.abg

Backdoor.Inject.abg modifies the registry settings of the system because of which problems occur with many applications in the system. So, to eradicate Backdoor.Inject.abg, I suggest you to delete the following registry entries:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunServicesOnce
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer\Run
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft \Windows\ CurrentVersion
    • Explorer/ShellFolders Startup="C:\windows/start menu/programs\startup

I do not think that Escan is an antivirus that can help to eradicate Backdoor.Inject.abg and such other infections. So, I advice you to install AVG antivirus in your system, since it can be used for the deletion of trojans, worms and other virus. I am using the same in my system and it has been very useful to me at many times when infections had entered into the system.

I will advice you to install an anti-malware in the system to eradicate Backdoor.Inject.abg. Spyware Doctor is an anti-malware that has been recommended by the experts. They can stay in the background and check out for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. All the applications and programs that are causing such problems are removed from the system.

Hello there, as the name suggests, Backdoor.Inject.abg is a backdoor. This infection downloads other infections into the systen from the internet. So, the system becomes full of infections. This infection also provides the necessary data from the system to the attacker. so, I suggest you to format the system and install a fresh copy of Windows to solve the problem.

Inorder to eradicate Backdoor.Inject.abg, I suggest you to enable a system restore to the factory settings. First, you have to start the system in the safe mode to do the system restore. All the applications and softwares that are installed in the system will be removed, thus removing the infections too. The user must be aware that this method leads to a loss of data.

Vulnerator Guest

Perhaps you could try the free online scanner microsoft provide before anything drastic like system restore which shouldn't really be neccessary.
    http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm

I also would recommend avg (there is a free version) and adjust your firewall settings if you have one to be more vigilant.