Thread: Unable to uninstall Quick Heal Antivirus

Unable to uninstall Quick Heal Antivirus

Hello friends,
    I am having a computer which runs on Windows XP and i also use Quick Heal antivirus on my computer. I am facing a problem in uninstalling this antivirus from my computer. I tried to remove it from the control panel but it gives me a message that "unable to uninstall program is running" something like that. Please tell me that how can i remove it, i wanted to install other antivirus as this antivirus is not good in protecting my computer. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to uninstall Quick Heal Antivirus

Due to some reason if you wish to uninstall Quick Heal then please follow the steps given below:
    1. You need to click on Uninstall Quick Heal from Start-Programs-Quick Heal group.
    2. After that Quick Heal Uninstaller will prompt for the deletion of Reports.
    3. If in case if you want to reinstall Quick Heal after some time then you can uncheck the Remove Report Files. Otherwise you can proceed by pressing OK.
    4. The Uninstaller window at last will prompt you to restart your system for changes to take effect.

Important Note:
    Before doing uninstallation of your quick heal antivirus, please ensure that all programs are closed.

As i have seen that Quick Heal is not a real good software tool, as it can corrupt your computer, as compared to it AVG is a good antivirus. If you wish to remove quick heal antivirus then you need to use Add/Remove programs to remove it, after removing it, restart your computer and then remove any other folders or files related to it left in the Program Files of your computer. Quick Heal contains malware files, as a result you will need a AVG or Spybot, or Adaware to get rid from it.

You can have this tool called "Uninstall Tool 2.8.1" which is a fast, powerful and reliable tool that helps you to uninstall unnecessary applications from your computer. It has the feature which can display the installed programs even those programs which are hidden, you can uninstall them with this tool. It can provide you a detailed information about a software by pointing it through your mouse. It is also an portable software which can run straight from the removable disk with any other computer.

You can have a look on this tool "Revo Uninstaller 1.83" which can be downloaded for free from the internet. It is a software for cleaning in depth with various functions like Cleaning, uninstall programs. It has a mode called Hunter which allows to remove files in the hand by one to slip or deposit. It has many other features which can help you uninstall any kind of program from your computer. It is very simple to use and it can be easily found out on the internet for the download.

There are many other options available to completely remove it from you computer. If you are not able to remove it then you can also do one thing, you need to format your computer and re-install operating system in your system to get completely get rid from it. There is an important thing that whenever you install an antivirus it should be in the c: drive to avoid the future complications in formatting your computer. Hope this could help you out with your problem.