Thread: Win32/Waledac.C trojan popups in Internet Explorer 8

Win32/Waledac.C trojan popups in Internet Explorer 8

Can any one help me to close the pop-up alerts for Win32/Waledac.C trojan when I open my Internet Explorer 8. The McAfee anti virus detects Win32/Waledac.C trojan but on selecting to delete this trojan McAfee hangs and then I have to open the task manager to disable McAfee. The Task manager show McAfee Not Responding on detecting the Win32/Waledac.C trojan. If I scan my computer the trojan is not detected. So what exactly causes McAfee to suddenly display this pop-up when I connect to internet on my Internet Explorer 8?

Re: Win32/Waledac.C trojan popups in Internet Explorer 8

For me it is very clear that the Win32/Waledac.C Trojan has infected you computer system. This Trojan has succeeded in modifying the McAfee anti-virus program so that it is not detected and deleted from the computer system by McAfee anti-virus. The reason you get pop-ups when you connect to internet is that the Trojan is attempting to download files from internet that contain malicious contents. It also looks forward to download other malwares and trojans.

USe Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari web browsers

It seems that your internet explorer is being hacked by the detected trojan. The internet explorer web browser is known to be vulnerable to a number of network threats. The malicious programs easily explore the vulnerabilities of the internet explorer and launch an attack. This is also noted for internet explorer 8 as well. For this it is best recommended to use either Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari web browsers. These are more safer and accurate then the Internet Explorer. Uninstall internet explorer 8 and install either firefox or safari.

Firewall issues.

Trojans, viruses, malwares, worm and other such malicious program make their way to a host machine if the machine is not having a Firewall installed. For all Windows user, Windows does has a Firewall in-built to protect such threats and attacks. In your case though it seems the Firewall is not setup. These steps below will help you to initialize the Windows Firewall in Windows 7:
    1. Press the Windows Key on the keyboard to display the Start Menu.
    2. Open the Control Panel.
    3. Type firewall in the search box.
    4. Click Windows Firewall.

Run a Safe Mode scan

It seems the trojan is using the services of the internet explorer to connect to the remote attacker. The trojan uses the internet explorer to download arbitrary malicious codes. So first of all you will have to uninstall internet explorer. Once this is done, re-boot your computer to safe mode with the F8 key. Doing this will simply cut short the third party services which the trojan might be using. Now you can run a safe mode scan to delete the trojan.