Thread: VNC for Windows 7

VNC for Windows 7

Hello,

I want to take control of a computer that has the operating system Windows 7, but I can not.

I have set options like Windows XP but can not connect. I wanted to know if someone has done it with Windows 7 to grip remote work?

Thank you

TeamViewer alternative to VNC

Hi,

It seems that via VNC, XP and Windows 7 are not supported. However, there is another equivalent software, free for private use, with which it seems that the connection XP <=> Windows 7 works

TeamViewer

I put this link in case this solution might help you out

Re: VNC for Windows 7

Yeah I know teamviewer but need someone opposite me I often VNC to take control of my PC at work, so when I'm not. I'll see what else there today and I tested.

Besides, I do not know if you know Gencontrol that allowed for hands on 1 PC in LAN without any installation. It no longer works for XP and I'd like to find an equivalent ...

Are you using UtrlaVNC or RealVNC? Which version you are using? If you having a error with RealVNC viewer under windows 7 with setReflected: this function is not supported - install a earlier version of VNC. Version 4.1.3 works perfectly.

For users of VNC Enterprise and Personal Edition (RealVNC), a new release has been made available that fixes all known issues. VNC Enterprise Edition release with support for the Windows 7

Resolved Issues
    The issues that have been resolved in this pre-release are:
    • setReflection() error when running VNC Viewer on x64 platforms
    • File transfers truncated
    • Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn’t work after resume from sleep

Real VNC does not work on Windows 7 and Tiger does VNC. But two new VNC Enterprise Edition and Personal Edition cheaper should work with Windows 7. Is there a version of VNC that works on all platforms? I think some would be able to give answer to this question.

Is your target computer on same network? If yes, you can use Microsoft default RDP tool for remotely accessing it entering the IP Address of target computer. If both the computers are on different networks, I would recommend using remote support tools like RHUB, logmein, GoSupportNow etc.