Thread: How to remove trojan-clicker.win32.stix0.d

How to remove trojan-clicker.win32.stix0.d

Hi guys,
    I have my computer and using it with operating system windows XP. Recently i started getting "internet security alerts" on my desktop when i start my computer. When i searched about this on the net they say that i have all kinds of viruses, but my antivirus "MCafee" is not able to find the virus and delete it. It says that it is protected and it is asking to pay for the registered version of the antivirus software. The errors which i am getting is "trojan-clicker.win32.stix0.d", i want the solution for my problem as soon as possible.

Re: How to remove trojan-clicker.win32.stix0.d

As you said that you are facing a problem of trojan virus which is not good and you need to remove it as soon as possible. I can say that no antivirus programme is perfect, your McAfee antivirus does not see it as a threat. I'll suggest your to download "Malwarebyte", install it on your system and update it if required then run full scan of your systm. I am sure that the Malwarebyte tool will remove the Trojan virus from your computer. After you have cleaned your system and your system works fine then you need to turn off your system and after 30 sec turn it on.

The reason why your Mcafee antivirus didn't find it beacuse the infected files are in system restore. There is an easiest way by which you can get rid from this virus, you need to turn off system restore, it will delete all the restore points with the infected files. To turn off the system restore you need to right click on my computer and select the properties, then after that go to the system restore tab. Do a tick mark on the box which says "turn off system restore" and click on apply. After doing this you can now run your antivirus and delete the file.

To get rid from this virus you need to update your Mcafee antivirus, after updating it try to update the virus definition for your system. After the whole updation then you can scan your system by the updated antivirus so that to delete the virus which you are getting. After the full system scan if the antivirus finds the virus, it will give the list of all the infected files and you can now move to the qurantine or you can delete the files, before deleting make sure that you are not deleting a windows file which can cause problem in the future.

There is another way by which you can delete this trojan virus. You need to follow some steps to delete the infected file. The method to delete Trojan-Clicker.Win32.stix0.d files in windows XP or windows Vista:

1. First click on your windows Start menu and then go for the “Search.”
    2. After that a pop up will come up asking you, that “What do you want to search for?” you have to click “All files and folders.”
    3. You need to type a Trojan-Clicker.Win32.stix0.d file in the search box which it provides and you have to select “Local Hard Drives.”
    4. Finally click on “Search.” button, once you have found the file, delete it.