Thread: Solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci

Solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 and my browser is Mozilla Firefox. I am searching for a solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci, since this infection has been detected by the Escan antivirus that I have installed in my system. I am not able to delete this infection with the help of this antivirus. Please help me with some suitable solutions and suggestions as soon as possible.

Re: Solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci

The easiest solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci is to manually remove this infection by deleting the following files, by searching them on your system:
    • svchasts.exe
    • %System%\desote.exe
    • %System%\minix32.exe

First, remember to kill their processes from the task manager and then , delete them from their original location.

Hello there, I suggest you to format the computer as a solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci. This infection is a trojan horse and its files seem to be legible from outside and they actually work internally to disrupt the processes of the system. This may sometime also cause a system crash and hence, it will be better to do the formatting and to install a fresh copy of Windows that you are using.

I will advice you to change the antivirus that you are using in your system, since I do not think that the Escan antivirus is not able to remove the infection. So, the solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci is to install AVG antivirus in your computer, since it can remove infections like worms, virus and trojans too. So, scan the system with the help of this infection and delete all the unhealed infections that are detected.

You will have to install an anti-spyware in your system as a solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci and such other infections. Spyware Doctor is a recommended anti-spyware and when it is installed in the system, it will stay in the background and check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. The applications and programs that are causing such sorts of errors are removed from the computer.

A system restore can help you as a solution to get rid of Generic FakeAlert!ci. This is because when you do the system restore to a time, all the softwares and programs that are installed in the system including the infections will be removed and the system will become like when it was before. This means that the system will be free from infections and your problem will be solved.