Thread: What is Oompa-Loompa

What is Oompa-Loompa

hi
    i always used i Chat mes anger for the communicate with my friends. I used Mac OS X operating system in my system. But recently i got message like Oompa-Loompa which is a something type of malware or virus. I don't know what is this but if it is a malware which infect the system then how do i remove that type of malware as well as tell me basic information about Oompa-Loompa.

Re: What is Oompa-Loompa

Oompa-Loompa is a type of a virus.basically virus is malware that copy itself and after that copy to the computer system.we can also called it as Leap. That type of a virus which is infected to the application. It also network spread worms which used local area network means leap for the spread in malware on network. Ensure that it is not spread on the internet as well as spread on LAN used of the Bonjour protocol. On most networks this limits it to a single IP sub net. That type of a malware used for the Mac OS X operating system.
    Last edited by Steve123; 17-02-2010 at 01:57 AM.

A new virus, this time affecting Mac users, is being spread via i Chat in the form of an attachment named latest pics.tgz. When you run it at once then immediately virus will attempt to infect the system.Some Mac experts dismiss the virus,claiming that because users must actually open and run the attachment,it somehow doesn't qualify as a real threat.that type of malware are spread through i chat so we can also prevent it by two different methods like you can avoid the launching files from the source which can not trust able as well as you ca also used some non-admin type of account o the daily base.

Oompa-Loompa is a type of a virus which use Bonjour protocol. That type of device which is locate the device like some printer,scanner or other computer means that type of virus which spread on local area network using some multicast Domain Name System service records. It spread on the system through i Chat Bonjour buddy list but it not used any other type of main i Chat buddy list, for the prevention and recovery the system you can Recovering after a Leap infection involves deleting the virus files and replacing infected applications with fresh copies. It does not require re-installing the OS, since system-owned applications are immune.
    Last edited by Big Fish; 17-02-2010 at 02:04 AM.

The worm will execute on Intel Macs, but cannot spread to other systems from these machines. That type of malware arrives on the computer as an attachment to the some iChat Instant Message.if you want to remove that type of infection then you can delete the infected particular file like the infected file which is latest pics name,then Delete this file. If this file has not been executed, no further action should be necessary. But again if the infected file has been executed,then delete some other file and restart the computer like /Users/[CURRENT USER]/Library/InputManagers/apphook.bundle .