Thread: System infected with Adware.Zwunzi

System infected with Adware.Zwunzi

Hello friends,

Today when i downloaded FreeSoundRecorder.exe from free website and then i ran that exe file along with that Zwunzi. exe file also got execute which consist of adware, i tried out many solution and at the same time i try to go find it on internet but was not able to get any solution. Can one tell me how to remove Adware.Zwunzi it , for your kind information i am using Windows XP as my operating system.

It seems that during installation you had selected install ZwUnZi because of which you had you are getting this message in that case i would suggest you to uninstall Free Sound Recorder and once again run FreeSoundRecorder.exe during installation select install Free Sound Recorder without ZwUuZi, simply leave the ZwUnZi "I accept" box un-checked and click "Continue." Then Free Sound Recorder will install without ZwUnZi.

Adware.Zwunzi is an adware program which get install on your system and it normally gets install on Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox but it also effect other browser too. At the same time Adware.Zwunzi may also add a toolbar to the browser that will be used for other malicious activities and it will also display annoying advertising pop-ups too.

I had try to uninstall FreeSoundRecorder.exe and then say you said i had only install FreeSoundRecorder but then too i am getting a pop up with annoying advertising and at the same time i had also got a toolbar on my browser, i had try to remove it from Add/ Remove software but that didn't worked out for me. Is there any other solution apart from it.

My system was also got infected with Adware.Zwunzi and i had try many solution but none of them worked out for me, then when i told my office administrator he told me to delete below registry and after that my system was free from Adware.Zwunzi, hope it works for you too.

• KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Zwunzi\"DisplayName" = "Zwunzi 1.0 build 128"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Zwunzi\"UninstallString" = "%ProgramFiles%\Zwunzi\uninstall.exe"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"Cid" = "466705c1534b4aee8c896579946b055f"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"DllPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Zwunzi\zwunzi.dll"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"Initial" = "1"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"Partner" = "ZWUNZI128"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"Primary" = "f403"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"ShowBarSign" = "0"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"ShowToolbarButton" = "0"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"Src" = "zwunzi"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zwunzi\"Version" = "1001c"