Thread: System infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert

System infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert

I am using Windows XP as my operating system and everything was working fine till yesterday, but today when i started my system for listening music, at my start up i got an message as my system is being infected with virus, so i ran NORTON anti virus and it had detected Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert and was able to remove it, but after sometime it comes back again. Can anyone direct me in removing Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert from my system.

Information about Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert

Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert is a Trojan which will use user log information for getting important data like credit card number, internet banking password etc. At the same time Trojan appear like a normal software but it has many harmful effect and this it gets install by another application which look like anti virus or some spyware detector etc.

Remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert from system

If your system is being infected with Trojan then the best way to remove it is to install AVG anti virus which is very good in removing Trojans from your system and at the same time it also protect you again most sophisticated threats, online and offline. It also see that you can’t get or spread a virus, worm, or Trojan horse on your system, so my recommendation is to install AVG and be free from Trojan Horse and other viruses.

System infeceted with Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert

Hello,

I am getting same window pop up whenever i try to use Internet explorer it's get crashed and then i get an message as Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for this and after that i click on don't send message and it had got vanished, but today when i run my malware i came to know that my system is being infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert, so i had send it to quaratine. After sending it to quaratine, now i am getting an message as system is at high risk.

System infeceted with Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert

My system was also infected with Trojan.Agent Gen-FakeAlert, i had tried out many solution my none of them worked for me atlast i had to format my whole system because Trojan had infected all my drives, i would also recommend you to totally format your drives and install a fresh copy of Operating system and then install AVG anti virus so next time you system will stay free from Trojan Horse and other viruses.

Re: System infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert

For those of you saying use avg(seems like same person two different name lol), well that aint gonna cut it. Neither avg, panda cloud,symantic endpoint, spyware blaster, a2 antispyware, spyware terminator,malwarebytes flagged this exe.my mbam is a little out of date (84 days). My superantispyware is free version so i was sool. hitman pro did but i only have expired free version which pretty much tells you you have a problem but you cant fix it unless you pony up some bills. mbam did find the registry entries i didnt find on my own. virustotal.com results are above.I used avg on my other pc. For the most part unimpressive as the only two times I got hit I was running avg. I didnt run spybot out of lazyness.