Thread: How to remove Generic16.AVPU

How to remove Generic16.AVPU

My dell inspiron desktop is installed with the windows 7 operating system. As my earlier antivirus detected a virus Generic16.AVPU So have also installed the quick heal total security antivirus but it really affected the system so that to restart it takes around 15 to 18 minutes. please help me to remove the Generic16.AVPU virus

Re: How to remove Generic16.AVPU

First of all Remove the quickheal antivirus from your system because when i faced the similar kind of problem with my system and installed the quickheal total security trial version. Although it seemed in effective to delete the antivirus but it really corrupted my system and i had to reinstall my system again.

The AVG 9.0 free edition is also a very good antivirus program. The Avg 9.0 free edition is available freely from the avg website simply download it from there and install it on your system After installing update it and scan your system. This will delete the viruses which is detected on you system.

Malwarebytes antimalware will help you to get rid of the Generic16.AVPU virus you have not mentioned whether you have it installed on you system or not. Try to download the malwarebytes antimalware utility and install on your system . This will delete all the threats including Generic16.AVPU from the system.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

If None of the antivirus is working then download the spyware doctor on your machine and install it update it and run it on your machine. If none of the antivirus works in your case try to restore back your system to some dates before where your system was not affected by this threat this will work for sure.

I have detected the similar threat on my system but after researching and googling a lot i downloaded the upgrade version of AVG Internet Security. It can be installed quiet easily also it is a lot more easier to run the scan. with no 'pop ups' as there was with the older version. This version really work like charm atleast give it a try.