Thread: Computer is infected with Generic14.ACTQ

Computer is infected with Generic14.ACTQ

I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. My computer is infected with Generic14.ACTQ and the AVG antivirus that I have installed in my system has alerted me about the same. The problem is that whenever I remove the infection from the antivirus interface, it keeps detecting the same infection on running the scheduled scan everytime. Kindly help me with suitable solutions to get rid of this infection.

Re: Computer is infected with Generic14.ACTQ

If your computer is infected with Generic14.ACTQ, then there is method to manually delete this infection. For this purpose, you will have to search for this infection with the name of the file, with which it installs in the system. So, PC_Antispyware2010.exe has to be searched in the system and before its deletion, its process needs to be killed from the task manager. Only after that it should be deleted manually from the system.

I think that you will have to format the system if the computer is infected with Generic14.ACTQ. This is because Generic14.ACTQ is a trojan and its files seem to be legible programs of the system. This makes it difficult to manually remove the infection from the system. If you keep the infection persisting in the computer, it can even cause a system crash. So, format the system and install a new copy of Windows in it.

AVG is a very good antivirus that can be used if your computer is infected with Generic14.ACTQ. It seems that your system is not updated and hence, it is not helping to delete the infection. So, update the database of the AVG antivirus, so the signatures of the new infections will be added to its database. After that, run a full system scan and remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during the scan.

Install an anti-spyware in your computer if it is infected with Generic14.ACTQ or any such other infections. Such security components have the ability to stay in the background of the system and check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. So, when it finds the programs or applications that are causing such problems, they are removed from the system.

Hello there, install Quick Heal antivirus if the computer is infected with Generic14.ACTQ. This antivirus has the feature of boot scanning that takes place before the startup of the operating system. So, at this time the infections are not able to execute because of which they remain inactive and hence, they can be eradicated easily from the system. This will solve hopefully your problem.