Thread: Unable to remove internet security virus using AVG

Unable to remove internet security virus using AVG

Hi Friends,
    I am using windows vista on my pc, its feels great to have vista on my pc because it gives good supports in interacting and using my pc. I have installed AVG antivirus on my pc which is great antivirus, it was working fine. One day i updated my internet security from 2008 to 2009. It also worked fine but after some days when i sacnned i found an internet security virus. I ran avg antivirus to hopefully clean my pc from the 2009 internet security virus. After doing this i was not able to log on to the windows, it starts and immediately logs off me automatically. I need help which would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to remove internet security virus using AVG

It is known that this virus and the other trojans which come with it, now it’s the time to remove Internet Security 2009 from computer. To proceed further you have to follow each step which is very important.

Step 1:
    You can go on the net and download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware for free. After downloading it save the file on your desktop.

Step 2:
    After that download the "rkill" file from the net. Once the download is completed just run it. The rkill file will disable Internet Security 2009 and it will not interfere in the removal process.

Step 3:
    It is important to close all open applications and windows.

Step 4:
    Aftert that run the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware setup from the desktop.

Step 5:
    During the installation click on the default settings. Make sure that you if the software ask for the updation than let it go.

Step 6:
    After the installation of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, go to the Scanner screen and select “Perform Quick Scan” and then click the “Scan” button.

Step 7:
    After the scan is complete, press the Show Results button under the main “Scanner” tab.

Step 8:
    If any ifected file is detected you can check all the detected infections. And should delete the files.

Step 9:
    When all the process is done, you have now successfully removed the Internet Security 2009 and all related trojans infections by Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.

I was also having same kind of problem but fixed it by using "combo fix". It work excellent for me on this internet security virus. I was not able to download anything from my copmuter so i downloaded it using a usb and added a dash between combo, and i fixed it to fool the virus then i ran it and cleared all the virus off my copmuter. After doing this i was able to go in safe mode and removed it through add and remove programs.

Hi,
    After watching your problem which you have stated i come to a point where it is possible to remove this kind of virus problem. It is possible by performing a method which helped me to get rid from this virus. If you are able to login to your computer than you can just do a search for the infected files. The method which i used was i tried to find it in c: under programs and moved it to the desktop so that i can delete it, to do this you have to change the name of the file.

You are not able to login to your computer as you have stated in your problem which you are facing. I would suggest you to do a format of your computer, i think it is theonly way by which you can remove all infected files from your computer. After doing format you can just update your antivirus and try to scan all the components of your computer. It is recommended to do a full system scan. I would suggest you to use avast home edition which is the best antivirus.

I use "Ccleaner.exe" which helps to clean all the temprary files and registries from the computer, you can also use it when you get to login your computer, download it from the net which is easily available. After installing it run it to clean the unwanted files, than go to the tools option startup items and where you can delete the internet security 2009 file, disable everything to perform it. After that you can download and install "sdfix.exe" . You have to reboot your system in safe mode to run it, hold the f8 key during boot. After it is done run the malware bytes scan. You will find references to internet security 2009 in your program files also, run it multiple times to clean it.