Thread: Dual boot security and registry problem

Dual boot security and registry problem

I installed windows 7 on my system which was already installed with the Windows XP. After the successful dual booting i would like to prevent the XP side from seeing, or at least from accessing the boot drive on the Windows 7 side. I would like to run registry optimizers on the windows 7 side. And i am of the opinion that if i run the reg cure on windows 7 side than it will result in error because the registry if both this operating systems are different Please help me to solve this dual boot security as well as registry problem
    Last edited by Caelaan; 10-02-2010 at 06:00 AM.

Re: Dual boot security and registry problem

You may think it as a big problem but there is a very simple solution to this problem simply you will have to unmount the windows 7 boot partition if you are using the windows XP operating system and unmount the windows XP partition when you want to use the windows 7. I think that this will fix this problem.

Apparently it can be done by using the computer management utility of windows which can be used with both windows 7 as well as windows Vista operating system. Using this utility simply unmount the hard drive partition of the operating system which you are not using leaving behind a single operating system.

In this case i will suggest you to use the windows XP only because the windows 7 supports all the application which you can run in windows Xp. Also it provides an option to run any application of your choice in the compatibility mode of windows XP simply you have to right click on the application and use this application.

You can achieve this in just two steps which i have listed below

* Firstly by unmounting the hard drive partition of the antivirus which you were not using for example Just unmount the boot partition of 7 when you're in Windows XP
    * If you are vey much concerned with your security the you should encrypt the windows 7 boot drive which will make your drive secure.

jolin Guest

Maybe the most important thing you need is to clean your computer, try the software "tuneup360", it won't let you down (*^__^*)

lancekloosner Guest

Windows XP users need not apear on 7 item list. All you do is enable in particular. This is a default permission that allows anyone to read the files, maybe even write. Remove it. It's called something like "Everyone" and allow everyone to read. Remove it. Allow only users of Windows 7 to read and write on Windows partition 7.