Thread: Unable to initialize TPM security hardware

Unable to initialize TPM security hardware

I was trying to enable the bitlocker on my system volume in windows 7. A new dialog box popped out which says "Initializing the TPM security hardware dialog" and gives the following error "A required TPM measurement is missing" and asks me to update the master boot record. i am using the Lenovo ThinkPad T500 with INTC TPM, manufacturer version 4.1. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to initialize TPM security hardware

Hello friend i think that your system image is not the culprit and hence it would be better if you rebuilt it again. Also try to make sure that the bios is up to date if not then try to update it. After making these adjustments i think that you will resolve this issue if the issue persists still then reply again.

Thanks for the reply but all the above suggestions did not worked for me and hence i am expecting a different solution. I rebuild the system image and then checked the bios it was up to date and still the error message is popped out. I can plug in a usb drive and run a bitlocker on the usb drive just fine. I am unable to run the bitlocker on C drive.

It seems your system files are corrupted and hence you cannot find the Bitlocker running correctly on your C drive that's why if possible you need to repair your system using the windows 7 recovery dvd which you would have got from the vendor of your machine i hope that you can fix this TPM issue soon.

I am also facing this issue with my system i have created a windows 7 image using Ghost 11.5 with sysprep. When i run the sysrep and use this image for enabling the bitlocker i get the above error message "A required TPM measurement is missing" i tried what all is suggested in the above replies but all these turned to no use.

This problem even occurs when you remove any USB sticks from the device or arrange the boot order in the BIOS to first boot from the hard disk. Also make sure that you do not have the system in a docking station when enabling BitLocker. If you check properly you will come to know that there is a small partition 100-300 MB and the OS partition. BitLocker needs this two partitions to function properly.