Thread: How to remove WinHound virus

How to remove WinHound virus

Hi,

My pc is infected with the virus WinHound virus. I have removed it from the add/remove programs but still its showing on my desktop. I have a Nod 32 antivirus but its not detecting it. Can you tell me how to remove WinHound virus ??

Re: How to remove WinHound virus

Winhound is anti-spyware/antivirus a program that is known to display fake alerts to make you buy the commercial product. If you are infected with this program, you will receive false alerts like the Security Center in Windows that tells you you're infected with spyware and you need a special program. Update your antivirus and then scan in safe mode.

The alerts given by WinHound are false in order for you to purchase this product. Your screen is changed and displays the message "Warning Spyware Detected On Your System: Install an antivirus or spyware software to clean your computer." Try ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware, In addition to detecting and eliminating a wide range of spyware, ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware goes a step further in fighting this type of malicious software, getting your hands on a powerful system for real-time proactive protection against all threats. The program is capable of doing a detailed analysis of your system, providing a complete list of all the elements that are found and their level of potential hazard.

You can try MindSoft Utilities XP for the removal of WinHound virus, this is more than a score of tools aimed at optimizing every aspect of your computer, since its functionality and speed up our Internet connections.Some of the possibilities they offer us the Utilities a re: accelerated programs, Internet and all our PC itself, total elimination of files, decompressing, detector and troubleshooter, defragmenter advanced hardware and software information, encrypted, hidden spy, RAM Optimizer, scanner and disk cleaner, renamer mass remote computer manager, monitor network activity and the Internet, protection against mistakes.

First scan your pc with Nod 32 and then try Ccleaner. The first tab of CCleaner is used to remove all traces such as cookies, history and recent documents on your operating system. It also removes unnecessary elements such as Windows logs, temporary files and automatically empty your trash. The second tab allows you to remove traces of software such as Mozilla Firefox, Office, Acrobat, Opera, eMule, Google Toolbar, VNC Viewer, Paint Shop Pro, QuickTime or Media Player. Finally, the Registry option allows you to clean the registry items, such as DLLs nonexistent, obsolete programs, classes and ActiveX disabled or file extensions.