Thread: Microsoft security Essential cannot detect viruses

Microsoft security Essential cannot detect viruses

I am using an acer aspire laptop which is running nicely with windows 7. It appeared as the Microsoft security essential is not detecting viruses properly so i checked in the Advanced Performance Information & Tools i found that although i have security essentials running with the system the resource & performance monitor reports that no anti-virus is present on my system, don't know why the security essential is not working. Need help

Dr. V Guest

Re: Microsoft security Essential cannot detect viruses

Most probably the Microsoft security essentials do not detect the viruses because it might have not been detected by the windows so firstly try to restart the system and then check it in the security center whether it reports or detects anti viruses or not once again. Post the result in your further replies.

Thanks a lot for the reply but the solution what you gave could not help me at all because when i restarted the system it could not find the antivirus again so i am expecting a different solution to this problem. Will a change in the registry help me to get this problem solved if yes then give me a way to achieve this.

Sounds like your system has been corrupted and it needs to be repaired inoreder to detect the antiviruses that are installed. Till the time reinstall the Microsoft security essentials on your system and then check whether it detects the MSE or not i think this time the the security s\center will detec the MSE and remove the viruses.

Apparently i think that the microsoft security essential file is corrupted so you will have to install it again on your system and then it will start working i think you have not updated the microsoft security essential with the virus definitions before scanning the system . An update will definitely solve the issue

I had the similar kind of issue with the microsoft security essential so i tried to solve this issue but after searching for a solution i tried different types of solutions but none of them proved useful. Finally i updated the microsoft security essentials before the scan and to my surprise it worked in my case.