Thread: Need to remove Backdoor.Agobot.gen

Need to remove Backdoor.Agobot.gen

My computer anitvirus software is giving me an alert message that Backdoor.Agobot.gen is detected. I have no idea what is this Backdoor.Agobot.gen is this any kind of virus or worm or something else. I am trying to remove this Backdoor.Agobot.gen from my computer system but I am unable to do so. I just need to know why this Backdoor.Agobot.gen can not be removed from my computer system. I want to know how to remove this Backdoor.Agobot.gen from my computer system.

Re: Need to remove Backdoor.Agobot.gen

For removing this Backdoor.Agobot.gen you can try to restore your computer system. Restoring you computer system is not a perfect solution but it can minimize the damage done to your computer system. For restoring your computer you have to follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

Backdoor.Agobot.gen which is detected on your computer system is a kind of Trojan virus. Normally these trojans are designed to steal the confidential information from the victims computer system. This confidential information may include your banking credentials or login id and password. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this Backdoor.Agobot.gen from your computer system then change your antivirus software.

Re: Backdoor.Agobot.gen changes the registry key

You are not able to delete this Backdoor.Agobot.gen from your computer system because of the simple reason that this Backdoor.Agobot.gen alters the registry key so that it can launch at the time of restart. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]
    Above registry key is altered by the Backdoor.Agobot.gen on the victims computer system. If you have the registry key knowledge then you can manually remove this Backdoor.Agobot.gen from your computer system.

This Backdoor.Agobot.gen tries to connect to the different IRC (Internet Relay Chat) server. After that it opens the channel and tries to download other malicious codes which can harm your computer system. Backdoor.Agobot.gen also gives the hacker the permission for accessing your computer remotely. This is really a serious problem because hacker can steal the confidential information from your computer system.

For removing this Backdoor.Agobot.gen from your computer system use Kaspersky antivirus software. I was also suffering with the same problem of the Backdoor.Agobot.gen and got the solution for this. Now my computer system is free from Backdoor.Agobot.gen. I am suggesting to use this Kaspersky antivirus software because this antivirus software will not only remove this Backdoor.Agobot.gen but also removes other malicious codes which can harm your computer system.
    Last edited by Big Fish; 09-02-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Use Kaspersky antivirus software