Thread: How to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D

How to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D

Mal/WaledPak-D has been detected by the McAfee antivirus that I have installed in my system. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3 and my browser is Opera 10. So, I need some information on how to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D. The problem is that even if the antivirus has detected the infection, it has not been successful for the removal of the same. I am awaiting for suitable replies and suggestions.

Re: How to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D

I advice you to format the system to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D. Mal/WaledPak-D is a trojan horse and hence, it removal is difficult. So, it is better to format the system to install a fresh copy of Windows, than to keep the infection persisting in the system. If it remains in the system, a system crash may also occur, since they cause problems in the system programs too.

Inorder to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D, I suggest you to search the following files on your system and manually delete the same, since when the infection enters into the system, it installs with these names:
    • %CommonAppData%\2deb8\wi064.exe
    • %CommonAppData%\322d\mainfavproj1.exe
    • %CommonAppData%\6136\mainfavproj1.exe
    • %System%\digeste.dll
    • %System%\digiwet.dll
    • %System%\logon.exe
    • %System%\sdra64.exe
    • %System%\winagent.exe
    • %Temp%\090610-6-8.exe
    • %Temp%\090612-7-6.exe
    • %Temp%\090612-7-7.exe
    • %Temp%\090614-2-1.exe
    • %Temp%\090614-2-2.exe
    • %Temp%\090614-2-3.exe
    • %Temp%\090614-2-5.exe
    • %Temp%\090614-4-5.exe
    • %Temp%\090614-4-7.exe
    • %Temp%\090614-5-3.exe
    • %Temp%\090618-3-5.exe
    • %Temp%\alfadvd.exe
    • %Temp%\clxdiv.exe
    • %Temp%\easyplme.exe
    • %Temp%\hdextra.exe
    • %Temp%\hdtvcodec.exe
    • %Temp%\muvexer.exe
    • %Temp%\tnkdvd.exe
    • %Windir%\mssrvc\svchost.exe

Hello there, The boot scan method will help to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D. You can get this feature with Quick Heal antivirus. Boot scan takes place when the infections remain inactive and hence, they can be easily removed from the system. This is because the scan takes place before the operating system loads and hence, the infections cannot execute at this time.

Inorder to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D, you can use an anti-spyware, that have the ability to stay in the background of the system and check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. When it finds the particular applications or programs that are causing such activities, they are simply eradicated from the system. This will help to solve your problem. Spyware Doctor is a recommended anti-spyware.

If you are not able to get rid of Mal/WaledPak-D by any of the techniques, then I suggest you to enable a system restore, making sure of the time that the infections had not entered the system. All the applications and softwares that are installed in this time interval are simply removed from the system. This is a method that can be used against harsh infections, so that they do not harm the system.