Thread: System is infected with Generic PWS.y!q

System is infected with Generic PWS.y!q

I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. My system is infected with Generic PWS.y!q and the Escan antivirus that I am using in my system alerted me about the same. The problem is that even if it has detected the infection, it has not helped me to delete the same. I cannot understand what the problem is. Please help me with some solutions to this problem.

The manual deletion

If your system is infected with Generic PWS.y!q, the try the manual deletion. You will have to find the following files on your system and then kill their processes from the task manager and then delete the same:
    • b7cfe136351fd3ff23767bccbbcb178c.
    • d24812ba46f37a5c48e97d62fd99953d.
    • hdddriver.dll
    • ifoxsrvuqs.dll
    • jzteaddubm.dll
    • lhihbelpje.dll
    • malwaredef.exe

Generic PWS.y!q is a trojan

Generic PWS.y!q is a trojan and the manual deletion of such infections are difficult, since they seem to be legible programs from outside and internally work for a malicious cause. So, if the system is infected with Generic PWS.y!q, then I suggest you to format the system and install a fresh copy of Windows. If you do not do this as soon as possible, then the infections will remain in your system and then, it may also lead to a system crash.

Use a well updated antivirus

Use a well updated antivirus if your system is infected with Generic PWS.y!q. It is recommended by the experts to use AVG antivirus to remove all kind of infections including worms, virus and trojans. After you have installed this antivirus, run a full system scan and remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during the scan. Remember to uninstall the antivirus that you had installed previously in your system, since it may cause cause conflicts if there are 2 antivirus in the system.

Use the boot scan method

I advice you to use the boot scan method, if the system is infected with Generic PWS.y!q. All the antivirus do not provide this feature and hence, I suggest you to use Avast antivirus for this purpose. The boot scan can remove infections, since it takes place before the operating system loads, so the infections are not able to execute at this time. Because of this the infections remain inactive at this time and hence, this is the best time for their removal.

An anti-spyware will help

An anti-spyware will help if the system is infected with Generic PWS.y!q. They are the best security components that can be used against trojans, since they have the ability to stay in the background of the system and check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. When the applications and the programs are found that are causing such problems in the system, they are simply removed from the system.