Thread: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL on SAMBA server

NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL on SAMBA server

I have an SME Server 7.4, server mode only in a global network to address 10.255.253.3. This server is accessible from three local networks: 192.168.10.0, 192.168.20.0 and 192.168.30.0. I'm trying to connect my XP clients in the LAN via SAMBA for file sharing. Sharing works fine when connecting to the network 10.255.253.*. But from other networks, its not! (Error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL). I think the solution is in the configuration file smb.conf, but I tried several combination without success. See sample /etc/samba/smb.conf below

Code:
    encrypt passwords = yes
    guest account = public
    guest ok = no
    hosts allow = 192.168.10. 127.
    interfaces = 127.1.0.0
    Have you a solution or idea?

Re: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL on SAMBA server

For a Samba server to be accessible, it is IMHO that:
    - Connectivity to ip is operational meaning ping + route
    - The Samba server needs answer: config by http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/server_security.html

The parameter "hosts allow" it seems that small things here. A small change to smb.conf + restart the service (/etc/init.d/samba restart?). And if it works, amend the template ...

Note however the need for a WINS server for remote clients (other networks):
    - No problem to access \\192.168.1.16\share
    - But no wins, problem with \\srvcentral\share

The logic is that customers have info from remote WINS server (can be provided by a DHCP server!).

If, though: It is probably at the state SME 192.168.10 networks, 20 and 30 as networks friends (I can not remember the exact term in the web interface). In any case it is indispensable Server & Gateway.

Otherwise, Lemog's explanation is excellent: ping must pass, plus trying to achieve by sharing
    \\10.255.253.3\SHARED

Finally, by default, sme is configured in WINS server, so if this is the only, the simplest is to indicate (rather static or DHCP) server SME in WINS for all stations.

Thank you for the support.

But I can not answer that by analogy with what I have read or experienced.
    Because I'm not your knowledge of SME, or that of many others like Gaston ...

I can assume that the concept of "friends network" (in server admin-> Security> Local Networks) to add the network-known in the Samba service to the line "hosts allow". (Not to mention that it must add in Apache and other services ...). So choose and check if the file is generated with the right values ...

On Wins its necessary in the case of interconnected networks (especially for remote PC), I begin by
    - Directly specify the WINS server in the network parameters (verified by ipconfig/all and test \\server\share)
    - Then, if it works, provided by the DHCP local (remote site): Optional 44 "WINS/NBNS Servers" option + 46 "type WINS/NBT Node" to the value 0x8.

I added a local network. 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 router: 10.255.253.2. The server in mode "server only" is server wins and is only on the global network. The table on the server via a client network operates. It remains to be tested tomorrow sharing. So the solution given by Lemog was good. Thank you!