Thread: "Invalid System Disk" when installing IPCop

"Invalid System Disk" when installing IPCop

I try to install IPCop by booting with a disk prepared for it. But it is impossible since I get the message "Invalid System Disk". It is on an IBM P2 400. It does not come from the boot disk as it is normally on another PC. Can you explain me why there is such a conflict? And if so is there a way to get around the problem?

Re: "Invalid System Disk" when installing IPCop

The installation document of ipcop site, however, clearly describes the creation of "floppy" with the command (logic):

dd if=/mnt/cdrom/images/boot-1.4.0.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1k count=1440

(Obviously it must adjust the path /mnt/cdrom ...)

However, it is preferable to install from the cdrom (previously checked with md5). Long ago I saw a microphone that does not allow boot cdrom!

I used the tools in the package and I created a boot disk. What I do not understand is that there is no way to boot this PC with that floppy while the drive is even recognized and boot on my other PC.

Well I have to be a little concerned because this morning I tried the same disk on same drive and it starts. I glanced but now it does not detect the CD or reader. During the install the disk drivers I got the message saying "no cd rom detected". Any idea?

While it trumpets everywhere that Linux (and ipcop) are merely old machine, just powerful, it has moments where you must learn to eliminate. How old is your Pentium2? Fifteen years? Completely obsolete, may not be what it was doing better in terms of compatibility (MCA bus?).

It really should not be difficult to find something older and less functional.

But if you really want to lose your time, you do ALT-F2 (until F10) and you will find LOG busybox console and all it takes to investigate! Ah, begins by replacing the CD!

The disk is totally outdated (plus it was not very reliable).

To install a system on a material, it is important to know the characteristics of the material because the system must be adaptable to each device.

2 points:
    - Before burning, did you check the iso image with md5? (and you've burned with verification?)
    - Of micro if old it can not boot cdrom often which have problems with cd rw: this is a cd-r or cd-rw?

A tool: once the system is launched, you may be able to do Alt + F2 and enter a command line to "lspci"

Yes it may be true, it's really an old trick. Side drive, I replaced it with a CD R RW and all the stuff that was about 5 or 6 years but this may be the whole bike is really too old. Thank you for the advice.

Re: "No hardisk found" when installing IPCop

While I am installing ipcop 1.4.21 in my HPthinclient it showing the error " No hard disk found"
    Please give me the solution

Re: "No hardisk found" when installing IPCop

Quote Originally Posted by mohandosss View Post
    While I am installing ipcop 1.4.21 in my HPthinclient it showing the error " No hard disk found"
    Please give me the solution
    hey friend, did you read the above posts ? The thread and all the discussion is about the same. The solution is right in the second post itlesf. Did you saw that? Its:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyrus View Post
    The installation document of ipcop site, however, clearly describes the creation of "floppy" with the command (logic):

dd if=/mnt/cdrom/images/boot-1.4.0.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1k count=1440

(Obviously it must adjust the path /mnt/cdrom ...)

However, it is preferable to install from the cdrom (previously checked with md5). Long ago I saw a microphone that does not allow boot cdrom!