Thread: How to remove VBS/SWVK.ow.gen

How to remove VBS/SWVK.ow.gen

Hi all,
    I am using internet explorer 5.5 version in windows XP. Last day when I open my system and connect my system to internet. My browser will automatically create a yonkis.url on home page and redirect to other site. I will also changed my advance properties of internet explorer. Then i scan my system to online security tool that find a threat named VBS/SWVK.ow.gen. How can I remove this threat from my system Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

This is a threat that dtect the VB script file. It is detected as VBS/SWVK.ow.gen. On perform the infected VBScript, the virus will overwrite all files originate in the same directory as the tainted VBScript.You need to download Security Updates from Mcafee and run the file. It may be resolved your issue. Best of luck.

You can also use File Filtering with WebShield SMTP for Windows Xp to prevent from virus. Check the Configuration console and select content filtering then select Add description for the content filter rule such as VBSBlock and Select Filter on Attachment File name. Then click filter on .vbs and click OK. This will prevent your system by VBscript viruses. Check it out and reply.

Sometimes windows XP utilize a restore effectiveness that backs up selected files automatically to the C:\_Restore folder. This way that an infected file might be stored there as a backup file, and VirusScan will be not capable to delete these files. You must be disabling the System Restore Utility to remove the dirty files from the C:\_Restore folder. Check the process and reply.

Re: How to remove VBS/SWVK.ow.gen

You need to install a patch called "scriptlet.typelib/Eyedog" susceptibility from Microsoft official site. Microsoft has released patches that do away with security vulnerabilities in two ActiveX controls. The web effect of the vulnerabilities is that a web page could take illegal action against a person who visited it. Exclusively, the web page would be talented to do anything on the computer that the user could do. scriptlet.typelib is a control used by developers to make Type Libraries for Windows Script Components. It is noticeable as "safe for scripting". The patch eliminates the "safe for scripting" marking, thereby reason IE to request verification from the user before loading the control. Best of luck.

If you are using Exchange 5.5 server for mail , You need to install XADM patch for Exchange Server 5.5 Post-SP3 Information Store Fixes. It will fixes the following error:
    # Internet Mail Service Stops Processing Inbound Conversion
    # Duplicated Message Received with Information Store Post-Service Pack
    # Information Store Stops without warning with complex or Mixed Message and Null Boundary String.