Thread: How to share or stream media on windows 7

How to share or stream media on windows 7

How to set up a streaming media service on Windows 7 computer. I want to know about this. I had created a home network of 2 computers and a laptop in my home. I had placed media files in a single computer over the network. Now I can see them in the network places but not able to stream them directly in the media player. How to do that.

Re: How to share or stream media on windows 7

One of the cool new characteristics in Windows 7 is the aptitude to stream digital media to a different computers all the way through your house. Here you can learn how to set up Windows Media Player in Windows 7 to share and stream videos, music, and additional or supplementary digital media to Windows 7 machines. To stream video to a different computer on your home network they will all necessitate to be running Windows 7 with Windows Media Player 12. In our example you can stream video from a computer running Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) to a different machine running Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit) which are part of the same Home group.

If you want to setup the streaming then you have to turn on media streaming. Then you will get a search box, in that search box you have to type the media streaming and then you have to go to the Start menu and select Media streaming options. And then you select your media streaming options. Then you have to select a name for the media library, and make sure all the computers on your network you want to have access are permitted. If both computers are part of a Home group, everything is shared by default anyway, but you might want to double check. Or you might want to block certain computers from the streaming options.

It is also probable or potential to stream the same on your choice. You can also select some custom settings if you want. For instance, maybe you want certain computers to only have access to music or certain files with a particular rating. For this demonstration we are opening everything up, but if you want to control what other users access, keep these settings in mind.

To do a simple media streaming open up Windows Media Player and in Library you take a look and click on Stream and check mechanically permit the devices to play my media. To be able to play content on one system over to a different you need to enable allow remote control of my Player. This makes it so your computer is a remote control of sorts.Then click allow remote control on this network when the dialog box comes up.

If you are making everything extensive open to all computers, you have to necessitate to facilitate the above settings on both computers. If you having more then one or single computers on your network you can set them all up to share their libraries too. Now when you go into Windows Media Player under the Library you have to select the view all option and you will see Other Libraries and will see the other computers on your network.