Thread: Help to delete PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG

Help to delete PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG

I need some help to delete PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3 with Kaspersky antivirus and my browser is Mozilla Firefox. I get the alerts of PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG everytime I am browsing the internet. The antivirus also deletes the infection, but when I scan the system again I get the same infections in my system. I cannot understand why this is happening. Please help me with suitable solutions to this problem.

Re: Help to delete PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG

I do not think that Kaspersky is a recommended antivirus to delete PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG and other such infections. The main reason is that PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG is a trojan horse. To remove such infections, it is recommended by experts to use AVG antivirus, since they can remove virus, worms as well as trojans. Run a full system scan after you have installed the antivirus and remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during the scan.

When PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG enters into the system, it installs with the following names:
    1. bot.exe-430HG0
    2. bot.exe-WVzYZl
    3. bot.exe
    4. d7143480f22b914dfd8314d10b414ffcd6b1e1bb.exe

You will have to search for these files on your system and then kill their processes from the Task Manager and then, delete them from their original location. This is the manual removal method of the infection.

It does not matter even if you use the best antivirus, if you do not keep it up-to-date. So, the best method to delete PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG is to keep the database of the antivirus updated. This will help to add the signatures of the new infections into its database and thus, they will be able to detect and eradicate the infections if they gain entry into the system. This will solve your problem.

I suggest you to use an anti-spyware to delete PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG. These security components are different from the normal antivirus, since they can stay in the background of the system and check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. When it finds the applications and programs that are causing the problems in your system, they are simply eradicated from the system.

The best technique to delete PWS:Win32/Zbot.PG is to use the boot scan method. All the antivirus do not provide this feature of boot scanning. So, remove any other antivirus previously installed in the system, since there can be conflicts if 2 antivirus are there in the system. Then, install Quick Heal antivirus and start the boot scan. The system will be restarted and the boot scan will start automatically and the infections will also be removed automatically. any corrupted files will be repaired.

How do i delete trojan generic cl.exe and zPharoah.exe

Re: Help to delete trojan generic cl.exe and zPharoah.exe

pleaase help...i can double click my drive C, D ,E or flash sticks to open them

It is the problem of the virus. I will suggest you to make use of any of the below mentioned antivirus and then scan your computer by updating the antivirus which you install.
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • BitDefender
    • F-Secure
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan
    • Quick Heal AntiVirus

I am using Avast Home Edition. It is working really fine and removing all the infected files from my computer. You can make use of it.