Thread: How to Search Contents of Network Files and Folders

How to Search Contents of Network Files and Folders

Hi all,

I am using Windows XP in my PC that is connected on LAN network. I want to search for Microsoft word file with content in the network drives. Is it possible to search with content ? I also need to displays the results quickly. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

LAN search pro is free small utility using which you can look for for data in files and folders above the network resources that are linked to your computer. You can search for files based on file name and file type. For example if you wish for to search for Microsoft word file in the network drives then you can place *.doc as the search criteria and LAN search pro will catalog all the available word documents. You can also utilize the wild card search like *.* as search criteria. Try it and reply.

I am using LAN search pro or searching network content in my system. It offers built in password manager that stores the authentication information for the password protected network folders. LAN search pro can also look for hidden network resources, restricted access resources, IP subnets and LAN FTP servers. Check it out and reply.

LAN Search Pro can also search for files in hidden folders and there is an option also available using which you can keep out or comprise search results from hidden folders. Using this service you can carry out file operations on the create items – copy, move, rename, cut and delete. This is attractive useful tool if you have access to big network resources. This utility can be run without putting in and hence it makes intelligence to carry this something like in a portable USB drive. Best of luck.

Re: How to Search Contents of Network Files and Folders

If other computers on your network are running Windows XP and you don't see them in the Network folder, you may need to alter the workgroup name on those computers and turn on file and printer sharing from that. If your user name and password for the computer you are currently logged on to are dissimilar from those for the computer that you are annoying to access, you might be encouraged to enter your logon information. You can automatically connect to another computer on the network by store up your password. Check it out and reply.

A mapped drive also shared folder or computer on a network that you create a shortcut to on your computer. Every mapped drive has a drive letter such as D allocate to it. You need to follow the steps:
    # Open Computer by clicking the Start button and then clicking Computer.
    # Then you will see that all mapped drives are listed under Network Location.
    # Twice click the mapped drive's icon to see the files and folders that you have right to use to.

Re: How to Search Contents of Network Files and Folders

Using Text Finding is a good and easy way to search contents of network files and folders.