Thread: Deletion method for W32/Zbot.THY!tr

Deletion method for W32/Zbot.THY!tr

I need someone to help me with the deletion method for W32/Zbot.THY!tr. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. The McAfee antivirus alerted about its entry into my system. Even if it has alerted about the infection, it has not been able to remove it from the system. When I try to delete the infection, the entire system hangs. Please help me with some solutions to this problem.

Format the computer

W32/Zbot.THY!tr has manipulated the settings of the system components from the registry. This is why the entire system hangs when you try to remove this infection from the system. I guess that you will have to format the computer as the deletion method for W32/Zbot.THY!tr. After formatting, install a new copy of Windows and keep the system protected with a well updated antivirus.

AVG antivirus can be used

AVG antivirus can be used as the deletion method for W32/Zbot.THY!tr. This is a very good antivirus that can be used against all sorts of infections including worms, virus as well as worms. Since, W32/Zbot.THY!tr is a trojan horse, AVG can surely help to remove it from the system. Scan the entire system with an up-to-date AVG antivirus and remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during the scan.

Manual deletion is impossible for trojans

Manual deletion is impossible for trojans, since they seem to be legible programs from outside, but internally work as a program that runs malicious activities like stealing information from the infected system. I guess that you will have to use spyware doctor as a deletion method for W32/Zbot.THY!tr. This is an anti-malware and they can stay in the background and check for such malicious activities going on within the system. The applications and programs causing such problems are eradicated from the system.

Boot scanning will help

Boot scanning will help as the deletion method for W32/Zbot.THY!tr. First, remove any antivirus installed in your system, since if you keep 2 antivirus in your system, then there can be conflicts in the system. After the uninstallation of the antivirus, install Avast antivirus, since it provides the feature of boot scanning. The boot scanning takes place before the operating system loads, so the infections remain inactive as they are not able to execute at this time.

Enable a system restore

For the deletion method for W32/Zbot.THY!tr, I suggest you to enable a system restore. You will have to make sure that you do the system restore at a time when you are sure that the infections had not entered in the system. you can get the option of system restore when you start the system. All the applications and programs along with the infections that were installed during this time will simply be removed from the system.