Thread: Need help for deleting VBS/Mawanella virus from my computer system.

Need help for deleting VBS/Mawanella virus from my computer system.

My computer system is working really very slowly, when I scanned my personal computer system using the AVG scan antivirus software I got the alert message that VBS/Mawanellais detected on my computer system. Now I need to delete this VBS/Mawanella from my computer system so that my computer system can work in smooth way. I have tried to delete this VBS/Mawanella from my computer system but I am unable to do so.

Re: Need help for deleting VBS/Mawanella virus from my computer system.

VBS/Mawanella which is detected by your AVG antivirus software on your computer system is kind VB script worm. This VBS/Mawanella worm used Microsoft outlook for spreading from one computer system to another computer system. Normally this worm spreads through the email attachments. The attachement file is named as “Mawanella.vbs”. I will suggest you to change your antivirus software for removing this VBS/Mawanella worm

Re: VBS/Mawanella worm spreads through email

It is clear from the above reply that the VBS/Mawanella worm. The subject and the body of the infected email attachment is randomly selected by this VBS/Mawanella worm. There is positive point regarding this VBS/Mawanella worm is that if Windows Scripting Host is not installed this worm will not be activated. Once this worm enters your computer system then it will copy itself to the windows system folder. I will suggest you to update your antivirus software for removing this worm from your computer system.

This VBS/Mawanella worm opens the address book of Microsoft Outlook and copies all the email address present in the address book. VBS/Mawanella worm uses these email address for sending the infected message to other computer system. This worm only replicates itself using the outlook and does not damage any data present on your computer machine.

Re: Change your antivirus software

I will suggest you to use MacAfee antivirus software or the Norton antivirus software for removing this VBS/Mawanella worm from your computer system these two antivirus are fully capable of removing this VBS/Mawanella worm from your computer system. But for using this antivirus software you have to pay for these. If you want to get rid of this VBS/Mawanella worm at the free of cost you can go for avast antivirus software. Home edition of avast antivirus software is available for free. You can download it from its official site.

For removing this VBS/Mawanella worm you can try for system restore. System restore is not a 100 % solution but system restore can be used for minimizing the damage done by this VBS/Mawanella worm. For doing the system restore you have to follow the simple steps given below.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.