Thread: How to get rid of Worm.Generic.95776?

How to get rid of Worm.Generic.95776?

Help me!!! I have a high speed internet connection on my computer and i have installed windows vista on this computer. I have just done online scan of my computer and found that my computer was containing some virus data. It was asking for registering the user which did not do. Now i know that my computer is containing Worm.Generic.95776 so how do i remove this Worm.Generic.95776?

Worm.Generic.95776 goes through online gaming.

I think you must have played any online game from the online gaming website. Because Worm.Generic.95776 will be mostly seen and experienced worm in the gamers computer. There are some names of the game from where you may get any worms on your system. This worm also takes the personal informations about the infected computer such as user name, password etc.

Symptoms shown by Worm.Generic.95776

Whenever your computer has been infected by the Worm.Generic.95776 then it is for sure that this virus have came from the online gaming website. I prefer to tell the list of names of the websites by which this worm may enter in to your system. Metin2, FlyFF, Maple Story, Age of Conan, Knight Online etc.
    Once you are corrupted by this worm then your temp folder would also be keeping changes due to the same problem.

What Worm.Generic.95776 will do.

Suppose your computer has been infected by the same worm then following are the activities that will be done by this worm.
    1. Copying itsel fin the registry and dropped DLL.
    2. will register itself at startup by adding the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\cdooosoft pointing to %temp%\herss.exe
    3. Process will be in background.
    4. Password Stealing.

Use Avast to delete Worm.Generic.95776

You can use Avast Anti Virus system whenever you are finding it difficult to remove the worms out of your computer. Avast is the program used by most of the people for dealing with the viruses on their computer. To download the Avast Anti Virus System click on its name. This spyware also has its updates which can be done also from the internet which it does automatically as soon as you connect to the web. Click for the Avast Updates.
    Last edited by Steve123; 28-01-2010 at 02:43 AM.

Worm.Generic.95776 : Password Stealing.

Once your computer is been infected by the Worm.Generic.95776 then after it copies itself, It inputs the DLL to the registry and those injected DLL will be gathering information about few games such as Maple Story, Metin2, FlyFF, Knight Online etc. This trojan contains the long list of the IP addresses where all the stolen data would be sent. Trough this dll, every information of your system can be sent to the attacker on that online playing website.