Thread: Does StopZilla is a fake antivirus

Does StopZilla is a fake antivirus

Hi,
    Guys did any of you have noticed on the internet a anti-virus called StopZilla. I am not getting weather it is a anti-virus or a fake software. Because recently I had downloaded. I have a computer with 512 RAM support and Windows Vista in it. That look enough for any working computer. But after when I installed this software in my computer the system becomes slow and I had found more threats in it. So I want to know that is StopZilla is a fake antivirus.

Re: Does StopZilla is a fake antivirus

STOPzilla kills pop-ups before they open, removes adware and spyware, erases cookies and history. The customizable settings allow you to authorize or prohibit the pop-ups to a whole site with a single mouse click. Configurable alerts notify you when a site tries to open a pop-up. It is a basic simple anti-virus but not strong enough to withhold major threats.

STOPzilla offers protection against all potential hazards that are unfortunately a little too on the Internet. You will be protected against phishing attacks in real time against spyware, it provides advanced protection against the popup, includes a cookie cleaner and historical monitors your programs are running at startup and is updated daily to you provide optimum protection.

I installed it found a number of infections, I have not checked in detail disinfection of these software which seems to be paying. I do not the aspect of software Despite what I read on some forum, I uninstalled without problems so far. It can probably a problem of false positives, and the fact that he is paying as very good tools are free and tested.

We must be careful when using such software. In my opinion, STOPzilla is one of those fake anti-spyware to detect false spyware and then invite the user to pay for their removal. Worse, some install spyware true during the scan. I have done once. It is therefore advisable, after the use of such software, scan your PC with a real anti-spyware.

The real-time protection of STOPzilla detects, blocks and removes spyware and adware, stops pop-ups, and erases cookies and history. STOPzilla is a program involving a few essential tools for the security of your computer. It can detect, block, quarantine spyware and adware in real time or on time to scan your hard drive. You can also use the software to fully clean your browser history and cookies.