Thread: How to get rid of VBS/Jolin from my personal computer?

How to get rid of VBS/Jolin from my personal computer?

From last week my personal computer is working very slowly. When I scanned my personal computer with the AVG scan antivirus software, I got the alert message that VBS/Jolin is detected on my personal computer. I have deleted this VBS/Jolin virus from my computer but I am getting the same alert message. I need to know the perfect solution for removing the VBS/Jolin from my personal computer.

Re: VBS/Jolin is vbscript worm

VBS/Jolin which is detected on your personal computer is visual basic script worm. This VBS/Jolin worm uses Microsoft outlook and mIRC for spreading from one computer system to another computer system. The subject and the body of the infected message are randomly selected by this VBS/Jolin worm. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this VBS/Jolin worm from your computer system you must change your antivirus software.

Re: How to get rid of VBS/Jolin from my personal computer?

If your antivirus software is not able to delete this VBS/Jolin worm from your computer system but detecting it on your computer system. Then according to me there is a problem of up-date. I think you must update your current antivirus software and then try to delete this virus from your computer system. You can download the update for your antivirus software from its official site. It will be better if you delete this VBS/Jolin worm from your computer system in safe mode.

Once this VBS/Jolin worm enters your computer system then it copies itself to the "%WINDIR%\JOLIN_NAKED_SECRET_FOLDER\ folder. The same file is copied to folder and windows system folder. This VBS/Jolin worm also deletes dynamic link library files, execuatable files, and INF files from the windows system folder. After that this VBS/Jolin worm will open the Address Book of Microsoft Outlook and copies all the email address for sending the infected email to other computers.

Re: Removal procedure for VBS/Jolin

For removing this VBS/Jolin worm from your computer system the first thing you have to do is to disable the Windows Scripting host. If the window scripting host is not installed on your computer system this VBS/Jolin worm will not affect your computer system. For disabling the windows scripting host you have follow the simple steps given below
    1. Go to Start >> Settings >> Control Panel
    2. After that select Add/Remove Programs
    3. After that select the Windows Setup tab
    4. Now double click on Accessories
    5. Now scroll down to windows scripting host
    6. Uncheck the box.
    7. Save the changes and close the window
    After doing this you can easily delete this VBS/Jolin worm from your computer using any antivirus software.

Disabling the windows script or updating the antivirus software will definitely remove the VBS/Jolin worm from your computer system. But you must follow some preventive measures for avoiding problem like these.
    1. Do not download pirated software, because they may contain the backdoor.
    2. Update your antivirus software regularly
    3. Scan your system on the regular basis
    4. Enable your firewall setting and use strong passwords for preventing your system