Thread: W32/Zimuse Virus Infection

W32/Zimuse Virus Infection

Hello, I am using Windows Xp operating system on my computer and while using it, recently I have got infected by the Virus which is having name as W32/Zimuse and the problem I am facing is that my antivirus is not removing that particular virus from my computer. It is just detecting that virus, but if you click on clean, then it will not able to remove it. So, if you have any solution or any suggestion then please provide me that.

Re: W32/Zimuse Virus Infection

I think you need to make use of the other antivirus software which can able to remove that virus infected files from your computer. I am making use of the Avira AntiVir Removal tool which is having following features:
    • Clean your system, by removing viruses
    • Repair affected files, whenever possible
    • Easy to use: you do not even need to install it, just unpack it and use the operation instructions provided in the readme file.
    • Continuous development: Provides new version for new viruses.

Hello, It may possible that your Antivius is having out of data database and that is why it is not able to remove the Virus W32/Zimuse from your computer. So, just make sure that you will update your antivirus and then scan your computer. It will definitely remove that particular virus from your computer. So, you need to update your antivirus and solve the problem. So, just do it.

I think that you need to scan your computer at boot time. I have used the Avast Home Edition for this purpose when my computer get infected by the virus. The problem is same as you. As virus files always use the system files it is not able to delete it, so I install the avast on my computer and after restart it started the scanning my computer at boot time and then it remove all the virus infected files from my computer. So, you can also do this and solve your problem.

Hey, same problem here also. Today when I start my computer my anitivirus gives me message as my computer is got infected by the virus and it is having different files which are mentioned below:
    • Mstart.sys
    • Dump.exe
    • Mseu.sys
    • tokset.dll
    • Iqtest.exe
    • Mseus.exe

Removal of these all files is not possible as all of them are using the system files and antivirus cant delete then as they are used by the some or the other resources and processes.

Hello, if you are not able to remove the file as it is used by the process or resources from your computer then you can simply stop that process by making use of the Task Manager and clicking on the end process. So, you can able to remove that particular virus. But, if you are unable to perform it then you just need to use the antivirus below:
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • BitDefender
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan
    • Quick Heal AntiVirus
    • Symantec Norton AntiVirus