Thread: Help to remove Backdoor.Zdoogu.F?

Help to remove Backdoor.Zdoogu.F?

Need Help!!! I am using this computer from last 4 years but neither i have connected any infected drives in my computer nor i have a internet connection. Actually i have tried TATA Photon to connect my computer to the internet but it does not worked for me. Actually i got connected but suddenly it broke and me also did not tried it for more. I just done virus scanning while i was connected to the internet and it showed that my computer is infected by Backdoor.Zdoogu.F. I just can not get net connection and even i do not have any spyware so please help me to remove Backdoor.Zdoogu.F
    Last edited by Mumtaz86; 26-01-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Recognition of Backdoor.Zdoogu.F.

I think you have not done the proper scan for your computer from long time and it is necessary to keep your computer out of viruses in order to any uninformed data loss. This virus which you have mentioned is Backdoor type of worm. Though you have informed by the net scan, I would suggest you to check for the drives where this worm could be present. You may delete it from the following locations but it does not guarantee that it has been removed from your system completely. This virus can be recognized by the presence of digiwet.dll in %windir%\system32 and presence of wiaservim.log in %windir%.

Backdoor.Zdoogu.F : Technical Description.

When you computer gets infected by the Backdoor.Zdoogu.F then first of all it will copy itself to %windir%\system32\digiwet.dll in which extension and executable type has been changed to DLL. The it registers itself in registry key:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SecurityProviders. Once it has been registered then it will launch svchost.exe process and will overwrite the image of svchost.exe. In order to record its activities it will create file named as wiaservim.log in %windir%. Infected computer will be sending the informations about its system to the attacker while it is connected to the internet.

Remove Backdoor.Zdoogu.F by using Avast.

I would like to inform you that executable files which have been inserted in to your computer belong to the Backdoor.IRCBot family. By this infection your computer can be controlled remotely using IRC (Internet Relay Chat). I suggest you to download Avast Security to remove all the viruses out of your computer. Click on the Avast Security Service to download for free.

Use Safe Mode to remove Backdoor.Zdoogu.F?

I think your computer would be infected from all the corners as you does not seems to had a full computer scan from many months. I would be suggesting you to go for the safe mode in your system while you deal with the any viruses on your computer. To go to the safe mode you have to restart your computer and then while it gets reboot, keep on pressing the F8 key which takes you to the BIOS setup where you can switch to the safe mode by using arrow keys.