Thread: Digital Phone Line error in Modem

Digital Phone Line error in Modem

Hello friends, I have desktop computer which is running on Windows XP home edition. The computer is installed with an onboard modem. The modem is connected to the phone line so that I access the Internet on the computer. Recently I have installed Kodak easy share software to connect my digital camera to the computer. After installing the Software I am not able to access the Internet on the Computer. The Modem is giving error saying the Digital Phone line is connected. I cant figure out what is causing the problem is and hence need your help. So if anybody is facing the Modem error: Digital phone line connected then please share some information which will help me in solving the problem. Is it possible that the Software is causing the problem?

Re: Digital Phone Line error in Modem

The Phone line that we use is an Analog communication channel. Hence the error which you are getting is very unusual. Check if the Phone line which you are using to connect the modem to the Internet. It is possible that the line which you are using is not working and hence the modem is giving the error. Also if there are more than a single connecting port on the modem then check if the phone line is connected to the appropriate port. If the phone line is connected to the Digital port then the Modem is bound to give such error.

I think the Digital line detection on your computer is on which is creating problems in detection of the line. If the Digital line detection is enabled then any link which is connected to the communicating device will be detected as a Digital line. Hence you will have to disable the Digital line detection to be able to access the Internet using the Phone line and the modem. Click on start menu and select Run. Now type "Msconfig" and hit enter. Now in the startup tab, find and locate the file named dlg.exe. Remove the check mark against it and then apply the settings. The computer will prompt to restart. Restart the computer and then you will not see the same error again.

According to me the problem which you are facing is due to the driver conflict. Check if the drivers which are installed for the modem are working properly or not. If the drivers of the modem are not installed properly then it will not work properly. To check if the installed drivers are working properly or not. Right click on My computer and then select device manager. In the device manager, search and locate the installed modem and see if there are any caution signs or not. If there are any cautions sign then perform the Troubleshooting procedure. Also try to update the drivers if necessary.

Kodak easy share software's creates many problems while detection of the many devices. It has some files which replace the files which are needed for detection of the network devices. Hence try to uninstall the Kodak easy share software. While uninstalling the software do not delete the shared system files as it may create problems in smooth working of the operating system. After uninstalling the software, remove all the keys and the related files of the Kodak easy share and then try to connect the modem to the phone line. Hopefully it will not give the same error again.